2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Im Crazy - I Did It....
Staffy
Nov 11 2009, 09:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
Since our members Roger and Boson have a such impact on me (in form of looking at their guitars) laugh.gif
I called Brian Moore guitars i NY and ordered a new axe. I won't be delivered until some weeks before Christmas, because they have to set it up, mount the 13-pin out put and USB, so the pics below is without that gear. Its a DC1P 1.3 USB with piezo pickups under each string so it can be connected to Rolands modelling amps like VG-88 as well as their guitar synths and the Axon interface. Since they are selling directly from the factory at the moment I got a discharge of 1000$, but it's still expensive... Anyway, since I don't have a wife to feed, its well worth the money! tongue.gif
I can't hardly wait to lay my hands on this.....

//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 11 2009, 09:34 AM
GMC:er
Oh you, that's a gorgeous quilt. I can't wait to hear how the midi tracking is!

Edited for language.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Nov 11 2009, 07:12 PM

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 11 2009, 09:40 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Wow excellent! Looking forward to more pictures etc when you get it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Farmer
Nov 11 2009, 09:41 AM
You lucky person smile.gif unfortunately my guitar buying fetisch is prohibited by my girl wink.gif but one can always dream dry.gif

Edited for language.

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Nov 11 2009, 07:12 PM

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 11 2009, 09:45 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Nov 11 2009, 09:34 AM) *
Oh you bastard, that's a gorgeous quilt. I can't wait to hear how the midi tracking is!

Yeah, according to their manager that I spoke with, its a RMC-piezo system that shall be on par with the GraphTech system ( I could have mounted that as well, but he said that the piezo sound from RMC is actually better...) The tracking shall be the best available, he recommended the Axon -50 interface which shall be a little faster than Roland GI-20 and GK-20 in the tracking at the lower strings. If You saw the vid from GraphTech the other day here in the forum, then You know which interface I'm talking bout... But I will surely make a review of both the guitar and it's midi capabilities for the WIKI. smile.gif

//Staffay

QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 11 2009, 09:40 AM) *
Wow excellent! Looking forward to more pictures etc when you get it biggrin.gif

He promised me to send some Hi-Res photos this week, but Im surely gonna photograph it myself as well! smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 11 2009, 09:51 AM
I did see that vid, I didn't realize it was the axon that was allowing the fancy bank splitting based on string/fret/pick-hand position. That's great to know it isn't specific to the ghost pickups!

Eagerly looking forward to hearing it in action smile.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 11 2009, 10:01 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Nov 11 2009, 09:51 AM) *
I did see that vid, I didn't realize it was the axon that was allowing the fancy bank splitting based on string/fret/pick-hand position. That's great to know it isn't specific to the ghost pickups!

Eagerly looking forward to hearing it in action smile.gif

I think You can do the same thing with Rolands interface, if You have piezo microphones, however it doesn't seems possible with the GK-3 microphone that You just mount on the guitar.... But this is just fancy stuff, since I play the keyboards as well, I dont really know if I would use the MIDI so much, but the USB-connection is great. The guitar comes up as a device in the DAW, and you dont have to go through any soundcard....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 11 2009, 12:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congrats on getting this exquisite piece of gear! smile.gif Guitar looks simply awesome and I can't wait to see some videos/reviews of it, especially the midi part! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 11 2009, 01:25 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice biggrin.gif

Congratulations mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Clare
Nov 11 2009, 03:53 PM
Learning Roadie
WOW Staffy, that sure is one beautiful guitar congrats on that my friend!! i have a GK-3 pickup on one of my guitars, i personally don,t like the way it tracks..horrible if you ask me, however i took home a godin freeway sa guitar to try and confirmed what i thought the the ghost pickups track way better than the GK-3 only my opinion of course, i will definitely like to see this thing in action when you get it...maybe post a video to see how good this tracks.....i heard a lot of good things about Brian moore guitars!!

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 11 2009, 06:26 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow, awesome toy there Staffy!, congrats! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Boson
Nov 11 2009, 06:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Fantastic Staffy, really great looking guitar. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

I'm going down the GR 20 route so it will be great to compare notes.

Hoping my guitar arrives in the next few days.

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 11 2009, 06:46 PM
QUOTE (Staffy @ Nov 11 2009, 08:45 AM) *
But I will surely make a review of both the guitar and it's midi capabilities for the WIKI. smile.gif

//Staffay

I look forward to them!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 11 2009, 07:33 PM
man that is a beautiful guitar

just dont let my guitar catch me saying that!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 11 2009, 07:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Boson @ Nov 11 2009, 06:34 PM) *
Fantastic Staffy, really great looking guitar. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

I'm going down the GR 20 route so it will be great to compare notes.

Hoping my guitar arrives in the next few days.

Just tell when it comes, we are curious.... smile.gif
There is some issues about midi and tracking, and the interfaces as well, I will return to the subject later when I have done some testing myself....

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Nov 11 2009, 08:05 PM
Instructor
congrats man, that looks very very nice! (and expensive)

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Nov 11 2009, 08:06 PM
Instructor
Wow Staffy, I love this kind of craziness !!! biggrin.gif
Nice looking guitar & great options for your new toy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Nov 11 2009, 10:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Lovin' it Staffy!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 11 2009, 10:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (sted @ Nov 11 2009, 10:28 PM) *
Lovin' it Staffy!

Yeah, I got totally insane bout guitars now - on the other hand I dont spend any money on something else... (unless coffee, cigarettes and picks.... tongue.gif )

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Nov 11 2009, 10:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Staffy @ Nov 11 2009, 09:31 PM) *
Yeah, I got totally insane bout guitars now - on the other hand I dont spend any money on something else... (unless coffee, cigarettes and picks.... tongue.gif )

//Staffay

Yeah, its addictive mate! I already got my eye on at least two more laugh.gif!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:49 PM