Beginner Solo Songs
AIB234
Jun 19 2007, 03:07 AM
GMC:er
In a similar thread to stratman... can you guys list songs that have beginner level solos in them?

Off the top of my head I am thinking:

Sugar - System of a Down
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Roulette - System of a Down

What are some other recommendations? I'd prefer standard tune songs.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AIB234: Jun 19 2007, 03:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Jun 19 2007, 10:57 PM
laugh.gif sorry i realized you already had this VV

Nirvana- Smells like Teen Spirit. there is a pretty much perfect tab of this song on UG. first solo i learned when playing the guitar (also a huge nirvana fan anyway)

Emily- From First to Last. these guys are part of the whole scene/screamo music deal. however, i think they are very dedicated musicans and have alot of talent anyway (in addition to moving away from that genre). this song is a very easy to play acoustic piece with a small solo. you can probably hear this song easily by youtubing "emily from first to last" as lots of novice guitar players cover the song / lots of picture tributes etc.

Master of Puppets- Metallica. READ: the FIRST solo is quite easy (Hetfield's). i learned it while being a novice at guitar. this song should be easy enough to find in several places

Dammit- Blink 182. not really a solo, but one of the MOST INFECTIOUS riffs i've ever heard in my life. practically every guitar player from my generation (i'm 17) knows how to play this song. first song i ever learned. after learning this song, i thought "wow. maybe i really can learn to play well!". without Blink i would have never learned anything. youtube "dammit music video" to watch it. it's pretty funny.

there's a few. if i remember / learn anything else i'll let you know wink.gif

and remember, DON'T EVER GIVE UP on playing. everything your favorite guitar players do can be done too, with practice.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Asphyxia Feeling: Jun 19 2007, 11:00 PM

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jun 19 2007, 11:04 PM
QUOTE (Asphyxia Feeling @ Jun 20 2007, 01:57 AM) *
laugh.gif sorry i realized you already had this VV

Dammit- Blink 182. not really a solo, but one of the MOST INFECTIOUS riffs i've ever heard in my life. practically every guitar player from my generation (i'm 17) knows how to play this song. first song i ever learned. after learning this song, i thought "wow. maybe i really can learn to play well!". without Blink i would have never learned anything. youtube "dammit music video" to watch it. it's pretty funny.

there's a few. if i remember / learn anything else i'll let you know wink.gif

and remember, DON'T EVER GIVE UP on playing. everything your favorite guitar players do can be done too, with practice.

OMG that was my first song also. It really changed my opinion of my capabilites. I was like showing off all week to my family that i could play that song.

If you want an easy solo look at the solo of In too deep by sum 41. Its a good start, but no better solo to start off with than SLTP.

Good LUCK

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Jun 19 2007, 11:06 PM
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Jun 19 2007, 03:04 PM) *
OMG that was my first song also. It really changed my opinion of my capabilites. I was like showing off all week to my family that i could play that song.

If you want an easy solo look at the solo of In too deep by sum 41. Its a good start, but no better solo to start off with than SLTP.

Good LUCK

Definately man! IMO Tom Delonge and Dammit helped inspire loads of people to pick up the guitar!

In Too Deep! forgot about that one. haha. love that mini-legato tap solo.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 20 2007, 01:42 AM
I got a very cool list yo might like:

1. Come As You Are solo - Nirvana
2. Fade To Black intro solo - Metallica
3. Master Of Puppets 1ts solo - Metallica
4. Nothing Else Matters solo - Metallica
5. Unforgiven solo - Metallica
6. Ace of Spades solo - Motorhead
7. I dissapear solo - Metallica

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jun 20 2007, 04:22 AM
I have one EASY solo, and one whole song that sounds really hard when you hear it.

EASY solo song: Heart Shaped Box-Nirvana

Now, the next song you'll know when i say it if you have guitar hero 2.

Six-All That Remains

If you know that song, you probably just freaked out.BUT it's really not that hard to learn. Just break it up peice by piece and you'll be able to play it all together in probably 2 weeks of hard work on it. I can play many different parts of it, but it takes awhile! Good luck! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Speedeh
Jun 20 2007, 05:01 AM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jun 20 2007, 04:22 AM) *
Six-All That Remains

If you know that song, you probably just freaked out.BUT it's really not that hard to learn. Just break it up peice by piece and you'll be able to play it all together in probably 2 weeks of hard work on it. I can play many different parts of it, but it takes awhile! Good luck! biggrin.gif

Since I know that song in its Guitar Hero form, I made a blink.gif face. But, I checked out a tab and you're right! It's not too bad. I would love to blast that song on real guitar while my friends try to get past 40% on expert on GH smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2007, 05:59 AM
Instructor
You could learn many songs of Californitation album ( RHCP ). These solos are simple and beautiful.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:08 PM