12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
My First Student Collaboration, Rock ballad style - all levels
Sondre
Jan 18 2009, 09:35 PM
GMC:er
Im in! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 18 2009, 09:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sondre @ Jan 18 2009, 08:35 PM) *
Im in! smile.gif

Cheers smile.gif you are added

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 18 2009, 10:15 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Here is my take. It's probably not as spicey as some of the others but it is was it is. smile.gif

Attached File  Emir_Rock_Ballad_WBT.mp3 ( 1.89MB ) Number of downloads: 186

Attached File  Emir_Rock_Ballad_NoBT.mp3 ( 1.73MB ) Number of downloads: 143

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Sondre
Jan 18 2009, 11:33 PM
Will try to record tomorrow, and because some of you noticed it is the same chord progression as WMGGW, i suggest you hear Jeff Healey's version! A beautiful version.

This post has been edited by Sondre: Jan 18 2009, 11:33 PM

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 18 2009, 11:41 PM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 18 2009, 10:15 PM) *
Here is my take. It's probably not as spicey as some of the others but it is was it is. smile.gif

I love that melody! My favourite so far!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 18 2009, 11:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker

I love your bending Skillet!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Nice take!!

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 19 2009, 12:03 AM

Define "spicey".... it's a beautiful piece of yours biggrin.gif

As a side note: the far it gets the less I even want to try... ohmy.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 19 2009, 12:15 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 19 2009, 12:03 AM) *
Define "spicey".... it's a beautiful piece of yours biggrin.gif

As a side note: the far it gets the less I even want to try... ohmy.gif

Gotta do it utak3r!! Your playing will improve loads by doing it. That is the whole point of the collabs. Don't worry if you don't think your playing is on the level of some of the other players. You should only be trying to do better than the last solo YOU did!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (superize @ Jan 18 2009, 08:08 PM) *
I must say i really suck at writing and recording solos.......

I've seen you improve a TON since I joined in september Supersize!! Keep working and doing these collabs and your composing and playing skills will improve a ton. One thing to keep in mind is this. GMC lessons teach you to play SOMEBODY ELSE'S MUSIC!! These collabs teach you how to play YOUR music. Keep working dude!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Jan 19 2009, 12:15 AM

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 19 2009, 01:03 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 19 2009, 12:15 AM) *
Gotta do it utak3r!! Your playing will improve loads by doing it.

yeah, I know.... only by all those tries past week I've learned a lot smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 19 2009, 12:15 AM) *
You should only be trying to do better than the last solo YOU did!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

That will be easy... I've never made ANY (literally) solo tongue.gif I was always playing rythm guitar...

Anyway... thanks for your words smile.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 19 2009, 03:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 18 2009, 09:15 PM) *

Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (Sondre @ Jan 18 2009, 10:33 PM) *
Will try to record tomorrow, and because some of you noticed it is the same chord progression as WMGGW, i suggest you hear Jeff Healey's version! A beautiful version.

Jeff is great, I heard that cover.

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 18 2009, 11:15 PM) *
Gotta do it utak3r!! Your playing will improve loads by doing it. That is the whole point of the collabs. Don't worry if you don't think your playing is on the level of some of the other players. You should only be trying to do better than the last solo YOU did!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You said it exactly like I would say it smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 19 2009, 04:29 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
This is going to be one awesome mix! I just spent an hour and several beverages listening to all your takes, and I must say, I didn't skip one of them. smile.gif Very nice job to all of you and I am so looking forward to this mixdown! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 19 2009, 07:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 19 2009, 03:29 AM) *
This is going to be one awesome mix! I just spent an hour and several beverages listening to all your takes, and I must say, I didn't skip one of them. smile.gif Very nice job to all of you and I am so looking forward to this mixdown! cool.gif

There will be 3 groups (3 mixes). I have started the 1st one yesterday

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 19 2009, 11:37 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 19 2009, 07:31 AM) *
There will be 3 groups (3 mixes). I have started the 1st one yesterday

Great idea Emir! One big mix would be too long and hard to listen to. With 3 smaller ones it will definitely be to organize them more coherently! smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 19 2009, 12:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (berko @ Jan 19 2009, 10:37 AM) *
Great idea Emir! One big mix would be too long and hard to listen to. With 3 smaller ones it will definitely be to organize them more coherently! smile.gif

Berko I have sent you PM about your take. Can you re-upload please?

Cheers

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
HAMWAGON
Jan 19 2009, 12:07 PM
I would love to be in but What did all of you people record with? Cheers biggrin.gif

Sorry if that was a dumb question tongue.gif

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 19 2009, 12:22 PM

Sorry Emir for the mistake, here it is:

Attached File  rock_ballad_berko2_noBT.mp3 ( 824.41K ) Number of downloads: 131

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 19 2009, 12:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HAMWAGON @ Jan 19 2009, 11:07 AM) *
I would love to be in but What did all of you people record with? Cheers biggrin.gif

Sorry if that was a dumb question tongue.gif

Do you have a sound card, some recording software and a pedal or POD? If you've never recorded anything before you can check some forum topics about recording and see how it goes. Can you guys help with some useful forum links about recording?

QUOTE (berko @ Jan 19 2009, 11:22 AM) *
Sorry Emir for the mistake, here it is:

Attached File  rock_ballad_berko2_noBT.mp3 ( 824.41K ) Number of downloads: 131

Thank you, now it's ok smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 19 2009, 01:06 PM
Hey I recorded another one and sry for the mistake don't know how that happen but it's happening again when I encode the WAV file to MP3 with the backing it stays fine when I upload the file without bt it stays very pitchy I don't know why ohmy.gif

Here is the new track in mp3 with bt

Attached File  backing_mix.mp3.mp3 ( 772.24K ) Number of downloads: 174

And sry but I have to upload the no backing track file in WAV unsure.gif

Attached File  backing_mix_nb.wav ( 4.14MB ) Number of downloads: 114

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
HAMWAGON
Jan 19 2009, 03:34 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 19 2009, 10:31 PM) *
Do you have a sound card, some recording software and a pedal or POD? If you've never recorded anything before you can check some forum topics about recording and see how it goes. Can you guys help with some useful forum links about recording?

Thank you, now it's ok smile.gif

Well i had a Boss me 50 sound card yes but im not sure about if i have any recording software. The only thing i really have close to it may be Guitar Pro 5 and WavePad

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 19 2009, 04:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HAMWAGON @ Jan 19 2009, 02:34 PM) *
Well i had a Boss me 50 sound card yes but im not sure about if i have any recording software. The only thing i really have close to it may be Guitar Pro 5 and WavePad

Guitar pro can't help you as it doesn't support audio recording, only MIDI. I don't know about the other one. You need something like Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, Logic, Pro Tools etc... Any of these will do the job. There is a free one but I will get back to you when I remember the name smile.gif

I hope somebody could help with some useful response

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:44 AM