Intro And Tab Notation Question
black6host
Feb 9 2012, 02:10 AM
GMC:er
Greetings all,

First an introduction. I'm close to being an intermediate level guitar player, with the goal of becoming a guitarist and musician. I study a lot of theory as well as technique and I'm interested in blues, funk, country, reggae and many other styles of music. I have a 2010 Gibson LP Worn Brown, a 1996 MIM Strat which is heavily modifed (nothing original except wood and frets), and a 1957 Fender Duo-Sonic. In addition I have a Takamine acoustic/electric but the majority of my focus right now is on electric. I have two amps, a Marshall Lead 20 from the '80s and a Blackstar HT5R combo. Lots of other related stuff but truly, I just wanted to introduce myself as a fellow student. I've got a 3 year old boy, who loves music as well, and a guitar widow for a wife, though she tries to be very understanding. Me, I'm an old hippie that looks like I should play in a band (ZZ Top or Lynyrd Skynryd people tell me), and that's one of my goals. I practice often. Very often and as I've retired on disability I have the time to do this. Anyway, enough about me and on to my question smile.gif

I've read the tab legend but don't see mention of E, S and Q above the tab and below the chords. My guess is it's some kind of shorthand for timing as some of the letters are dotted but I need clarification. In particular I'm studying the lesson titled Soul/ R & B by Stephane Lucarelli.

Any help of what the E, S and Q mean would be much appreciated.

Glad to be here, and hope to contribute to others in some way or another.

Kind Regards,
Black6host

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:58 PM