2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Do You Pose Like A Rockstar?, the "looking cool" poll
Do you make Rock'n'Roll look good?
Do you find yourself in cool poses when you play?
Oh yeah, I cant help but look like a freakin rock god with that guitar. [ 37 ] ** [41.57%]
I dont pose, but the way my playing forces me to stand looks kinda cool. [ 32 ] ** [35.96%]
Nope, I just stand there. Maybe rock back and forth a little [ 16 ] ** [17.98%]
I sit down when I play. Even on stage. [ 4 ] ** [4.49%]
What is your usual/default facial expression when you play?
Smiling, Happy [ 7 ] ** [7.87%]
Mischievous, Smirky [ 8 ] ** [8.99%]
Determined, Concentrated, Brow Furrow [ 26 ] ** [29.21%]
Seductive/love-making face [ 2 ] ** [2.25%]
Angry/Enraged [ 4 ] ** [4.49%]
Insane, Maniacal [ 5 ] ** [5.62%]
Struggle, Passionate (ala SRV) [ 10 ] ** [11.24%]
Lost in the Haze (ala Hendrix) [ 5 ] ** [5.62%]
Relaxed [ 10 ] ** [11.24%]
Blank, lack of emotion [ 8 ] ** [8.99%]
Other... [ 4 ] ** [4.49%]
Do you move around a lot when you play?
I'm all over the stage! I'm a ball of energy like Bruce Dickenson! [ 5 ] ** [5.62%]
I'm jumping off things and kicking the air and getting into frenzies. [ 4 ] ** [4.49%]
I can really get into it, every now and then I'll do something crazy [ 38 ] ** [42.70%]
I headbang mostly, but not much else. [ 20 ] ** [22.47%]
I just kinda stand there... [ 22 ] ** [24.72%]
Total Votes: 89
Guests cannot vote 
Zephyr
Nov 28 2007, 12:57 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 27 2007, 03:52 PM) *
I had long hair 3 out of the 4 years I was in high school. It grew out fast and long, and got all knotty and after a while I forgot why I grew it out so long. It was hard to take care of, I didn't think it looked very good, so I chopped it all off. you dont need long hair to rock out, but it sure does feel nice

I hate that stereotype, that "rockers have to have long hair"... I think it's ridiculous! I just have long hair just because I like it... and maybe because I'm too lazy to get it cut. laugh.gif I think it's also kind of weird that now it's "normal" for guys to have short hair and girls to have long hair. I mean, where did that come from?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Nov 28 2007, 12:58 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 28 2007, 01:04 AM
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Nov 27 2007, 03:57 PM) *
I hate that stereotype, that "rockers have to have long hair"... I think it's ridiculous! I just have long hair just because I like it... and maybe because I'm too lazy to get it cut. laugh.gif I think it's also kind of weird that now it's "normal" for guys to have short hair and girls to have long hair. I mean, where did that come from?

good question. Not sure.

But I dig chicks with short hair because its not the norm wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 28 2007, 02:45 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah i move around alot, even in my room.

My facial expression depends on what i play, from what im told, i look like i have a bad case of madness, or dementia when i play Heavy stuff (ala Cannibal Corpse, or something fast), when i play the blues or something more melodic and slow, people say i look like im "struggling", the SRV one. i also never open my eyes when i play slower/ bluesier stuff, i dont know why.

*EDIT*

If i could, id even swing from zip lines like Dickinson does wink.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Nov 28 2007, 02:48 AM

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 28 2007, 08:52 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 28 2007, 12:52 AM) *
I had long hair 3 out of the 4 years I was in high school. It grew out fast and long, and got all knotty and after a while I forgot why I grew it out so long. It was hard to take care of, I didn't think it looked very good, so I chopped it all off. you dont need long hair to rock out, but it sure does feel nice

I think headbanging with short hair looks a bit silly, but that's just me...

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 28 2007, 01:01 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 28 2007, 07:52 AM) *
I think headbanging with short hair looks a bit silly, but that's just me...

unless your proper bald- its either or really you cant go in between without looking silly.

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 28 2007, 01:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 27 2007, 10:45 AM) *
I pretty much just headbang laugh.gif

Though on our last gig I walked around alot and looked super kewl.

laugh.gif

Robin I have to say, you look like a badass in this pic cool.gif

It might have something to do with your awesome guitar. I want a damn explorer, right after a hollow body of some kind and a jazzmaster or strat and a parker mojo and an engl/marshall/carvin/mesa/elmwood/whatever half stack I end up with biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Nov 28 2007, 01:12 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 28 2007, 03:53 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 27 2007, 11:31 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif !!!

hey I love this girl! mad.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 28 2007, 11:11 PM
Instructor
I tend to make faces when i play, but I dont think it is a wrong thing. Many greats make faces when they play, i think it doesent` mean anything. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 30 2007, 04:18 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Nov 28 2007, 05:11 PM) *
I tend to make faces when i play, but I dont think it is a wrong thing. Many greats make faces when they play, i think it doesent` mean anything. smile.gif

It means you're in the zone. If you don't make an ugly face while playing then you're not totally in to it! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 5 2007, 08:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Who says a rocker has to have long hair?

...as long as you have a beard, everything's allright.

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Dec 5 2007, 08:29 PM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 5 2007, 08:39 PM
Kerry king is the exception biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 6 2007, 12:14 AM
Haha what an awesome thread!
The music is obviously #1, but you've gotta get the poses right!

Here me in a classic pose (before I cut my hair)

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 6 2007, 12:21 AM
Learning Roadie
I love how y ou have your initials on your guitar biggrin.gif Great pose.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 7 2007, 09:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
A tend to move and jump as much as I can..I am currently trying to figure out how to slap the bass and jump at the same time wink.gif My facial expression is always a happy face - simply I'm very happy when playing live for people to enjoy! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Dec 9 2007, 10:59 AM
I play in a ska band that consists of a scottish guy (me - guitar), an english girl (sax), an aussie (trumpet), a canadian (trumpet), a palestinian (bass + vox), and japanese guy (drums) who has a mohawk down to his ass and is dating an Irish goth.
We skank biggrin.gif we have some sweet photos actually, I'll try n find them

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Dec 9 2007, 11:02 AM
QUOTE (Paul Coutts @ Dec 9 2007, 01:59 AM) *
I play in a ska band that consists of a scottish guy (me - guitar), an english girl (sax), an aussie (trumpet), a canadian (trumpet), a palestinian (bass + vox), and japanese guy (drums) who has a mohawk down to his ass and is dating an Irish goth.
We skank biggrin.gif we have some sweet photos actually, I'll try n find them

laugh.gif I have a friend that loves ska, he taught me how to skank, it's a heck of a lot of fun! But, I don't like ska music... It's fun, but not very musical, in my opinion.

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Dec 9 2007, 06:33 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Dec 5 2007, 02:27 PM) *
Who says a rocker has to have long hair?

...as long as you have a beard, everything's allright.

he looks constipated. and I voted for all the top things! I really like to make playing fun. I put a lot of emotion into a slash solo bend. I go crazy on the november rain solo!!!!

This post has been edited by g-forcelover: Dec 9 2007, 06:34 PM

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Batista
Dec 9 2007, 06:41 PM
He actually reminded me a hell of a lot of Gollum from Lord of the Rings rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
drummingguitaris...
Dec 10 2007, 11:07 PM
I stand there, looking pretty cool. I wear my guitar low, so it looks good. I don't really move that much, I'm too focused on the sound, although I do headbang. In solo mode, I'm pretty much SRV or Santana, the struggle to pull something off, looking like you just took a hard blow when you hit a solid high note, it's awesome. That passion dwells within lol.

What I usually look like on stage...

Attached Image

--------------------
-->Chris D.<--

My Gear:
Fender DG-xxx Acoustic/Electric
Crate GX-15 series
Ibanez GRG170DX Electric w/ FR Trem
My heart, imagination, hopes, and dreams.

My top 5 influences:
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Carlos Augusto Alves Santana
Saul Hudson (Slash)
Eric Patrick Clapton
Kirk Lee Hammett

thedarkblues06 wrote:

jpast wrote:

He wishes he was in the minority. Nothing like making out with guys to stick it to the man. (Pun intended)
(Off-hand comment made about Pete Wentz wishing he was gay.)

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Dec 13 2007, 08:34 AM
QUOTE (drummingguitarist06 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:07 AM) *
I stand there, looking pretty cool. I wear my guitar low, so it looks good. I don't really move that much, I'm too focused on the sound, although I do headbang. In solo mode, I'm pretty much SRV or Santana, the struggle to pull something off, looking like you just took a hard blow when you hit a solid high note, it's awesome. That passion dwells within lol.
What I usually look like on stage...

Attached Image

Jack Black? wink.gif laugh.gif
cool look, tho!

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:10 AM