Boss Mt-2 Quick Tip
Mertay
Dec 14 2014, 01:35 AM
GMC:er
Bought a used one today and despite all the flaming you'll read on the web its really good smile.gif

While experimenting with my ibanez bb9 I recently bought, I noticed some weird very fast silences like a bad setuped noise gate...almost randomly happened.

Then I realized thats because it clips so hard, great for tight muting sound but not so good for soloing. All I did was bring the dist. knob to middle and boosted the bb9 as much possible (maybe 20 db).

Its really good now! this rounded the highs a bit too so its not too sharp sounding anymore. Hopefully will share some sounds next week, the ibanez has a funny issue and I'm waiting for the store to bring a new one but till then I'll be using it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 14 2014, 01:08 PM
Instructor
Cool idea smile.gif I made similar experiments with Vox amplug AC30 - it has frequency response I like but sometimes a bit no enough gain. So...I put a MXR microamp booster in front of it....and...that really works great smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 14 2014, 09:44 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 14 2014, 12:08 PM) *
Cool idea smile.gif I made similar experiments with Vox amplug AC30 - it has frequency response I like but sometimes a bit no enough gain. So...I put a MXR microamp booster in front of it....and...that really works great smile.gif

Had a chat with a friend today, he was curious to how I would define analog (for guitar) after years of computer use and studio experience.

The metalzone sounded and even felt very similar on guitar rig and the pedal. But the 2 things I noticed was;

1- I learned that a tubescreamer compresses the sound in 3 parts. My guess is computer can't do buffer compression (closest would be smaller bit depth but sound gets destroyed too easy).

2- The modeled components are good on computer but gain interaction between them isn't there. In theory this shouldn't be an issue as if a components sound is nailed but the behavior between them seems to be another story plug-in engineers has to work on.

So simply; Analog gain is good biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 15 2014, 12:21 PM
Instructor
Yeah...I still think I'll try to simply cab-impulse my regular head because it feels totaly different when playing that it is on any digital amp sim smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:16 AM