Used Gear
eaglesnh4
Feb 23 2010, 12:55 AM
Learning Roadie
Whats your views on this amp, im thinking of getting it.
Its a fender hot rod deville 212. before yous say depending on the condition of the tubes, they can easily be replaced.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Hot-Rod-Devil...=item45f12dfe59

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Mexican Fender Stractocaster
Vox VT100
Line 6 Flextone iii
Vox VFS5 Footswitch
Boss Tu-3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratman79
Feb 23 2010, 01:06 AM
Learning Rock Star
looks good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Feb 23 2010, 01:36 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (eaglesnh4 @ Feb 22 2010, 06:55 PM) *
Whats your views on this amp, im thinking of getting it.
Its a fender hot rod deville 212. before yous say depending on the condition of the tubes, they can easily be replaced.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Hot-Rod-Devil...=item45f12dfe59

Fender tubes have my favorite clean sound out of any tube amp. I highly recommend looking into Roland solid state if you are looking for something of that caliber. That fender is a steal though.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 23 2010, 02:25 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If you are into blues/rock thing that amp is great! Fender clean sounds are best ones out there, but they are lacking in the "distortion/gain" department so don't expect anything heavy from it... smile.gif That amp and price looks cool! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
eaglesnh4
Feb 23 2010, 02:34 AM
Learning Roadie
but nothing a satchurator couldnt sort out right??

--------------------
Mexican Fender Stractocaster
Vox VT100
Line 6 Flextone iii
Vox VFS5 Footswitch
Boss Tu-3

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 23 2010, 03:20 AM
Instructor
Depends what kind of tone your after. If you after fat bluesy rich tone, the amp itself + a booster pedal is quite enough, but you must crank the amp hard to overdrive to output tubes. After that it's tone heaven.
If you're into hi-gain, the pedal will do the job, but the feel will not be the same, pedals just cannot push same dynamics, feel and tone, they sound a bit 2 dimensional, dunno if I can explain it better than that.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 7 2010, 06:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 23 2010, 03:20 AM) *
Depends what kind of tone your after. If you after fat bluesy rich tone, the amp itself + a booster pedal is quite enough, but you must crank the amp hard to overdrive to output tubes. After that it's tone heaven.
If you're into hi-gain, the pedal will do the job, but the feel will not be the same, pedals just cannot push same dynamics, feel and tone, they sound a bit 2 dimensional, dunno if I can explain it better than that.

I used to have an amp similiar to this, and that explanation is very accurate biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:25 PM