Damn Damn Damn
superize
Oct 16 2008, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I broke my high e string yesterday and i dont have any new strings at hom sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I was absolutelly sure that i had a set of new strings at home but now i have to order some new but they wont be here untill next week sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

It will be alot of rythm playing this weekend then

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 16 2008, 10:23 AM
GMC:er
Have you not got a shop near you to buy more?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 16 2008, 10:26 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Order more than one set of strings this time then wink.gif
Good luck with your rythm playing mate smile.gif

edit: Oh, and the name of the topic isn't very good... Just so you know smile.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Oct 16 2008, 10:27 AM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 16 2008, 10:29 AM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Oct 16 2008, 10:26 AM) *
Order more than one set of strings this time then wink.gif
Good luck with your rythm playing mate smile.gif

edit: Oh, and the name of the topic isn't very good... Just so you know smile.gif

Slightly better than something that rhymes with kit kit kit biggrin.gif

You could always use cheese string. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 16 2008, 11:09 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
It always could be worse! Once my poor old classic guitar just "exploded". The glue that held the bridge stopped working, and all of a sudden all the strings with the bridge struck a wall, half meter from my head:D I couldn't play at all for a whole week:/ Just be sure to order additional set for such emergencies;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 16 2008, 11:11 AM
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Oct 16 2008, 11:09 AM) *
It always could be worse! Once my poor old classic guitar just "exploded". The glue that held the bridge stopped working, and all of a sudden all the strings with the bridge struck a wall, half meter from my head:D I couldn't play at all for a whole week:/ Just be sure to order additional set for such emergencies;)

That does sound quite disasterous lol biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 16 2008, 11:17 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
And it was OC it was!:P I was playing some simple chords and singling, and bam! crack of wood, noise of strings and flying objects close to my face. I was scared, but only for a second, than I was angry that I can't play:P

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 16 2008, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I was so sure i had some more strings but when i looked i dident find anything......

My closest guitar shope is 90 kilometers away so i cant go buy new ones i have to order some

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 16 2008, 12:09 PM
If its usually your high E that breaks you can buy a pack of just 009's or 010's.
It'll come with 5 or 10 of them.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Oct 16 2008, 01:29 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
New strings?! Heck, I'd buy a back-up guitar just for such emergencies.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 16 2008, 01:51 PM
Lets go fishing!
I hate it when that happens to me, and it happens all the time. You would have thought I would have learnt my lesson by now and bought a few packs in laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 16 2008, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Don't worry mate, just play without high E string. I was a coupe of times in those situations where I didn't have some strings, and believe me it really did good for me - in those situations you start to think differently about the licks you play, find different positions, and start focusing on a more horizontal approach when playing.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 16 2008, 02:03 PM
It kind of makes Mr O'Toole's newest lesson very difficult biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Oct 16 2008, 02:05 PM
Do you have a cat?

Them animals will eat anything, just so you know!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 16 2008, 02:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 16 2008, 03:03 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Oct 16 2008, 12:09 PM) *

OMG that's a pretty scary story though it could always be worse... it could have struck your head! or your TV or computer instead of the wall... I would have a heart attack if something like that happenned to me for sure laugh.gif, biggest fright I ever got with guitar was once while I was changing strings, one was loose on the tuning peg and it went off and slashed my face really close to the eye. Since then I always wear glasses when doing that.

To the original poster: buy a BUNCH of string sets! You'll use them all eventually smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Oct 16 2008, 03:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
We can only say, next time get some more sets! Also make a spare set if you happen to replace your E string, instead of snapping it. Maybe do some Theory lessons!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 16 2008, 03:26 PM
Instructor
wow that´s sad superize... but as the many says: play without E wink.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 16 2008, 04:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think I just heard Andrew's head turn this direction, like this tongue.gif

You could start on some theory while you wait ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 22 2008, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Well i have orded 3 set of new strings that will be here tomorow but guess what i found in my desk whne i was lokking for a cd........

Yes a pack a new strings.......

It makes me so angry that i ddent look properly in the beginning but now i have an even bigger problem...

My toneport dosent work and i dont know the problem so i will have to fix that now sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:36 PM