9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
The Gmc 100 Greatest Guitarists Of All Time, Now its our turn....
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 14 2007, 12:48 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 13 2007, 06:46 PM) *
Hey Spider, is it possible for me to join the judges? biggrin.gif
I thought it might be a good idea since I'm kinda into acoustic players(and electric of course ), jazz, blues etc. you know.
I see alot of metal and shred lovers in your panel tongue.gif

Yeah Robin should be in too.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 14 2007, 12:57 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 13 2007, 11:37 PM) *

Why thankyou kind sir. I will sit down this evening and watch them all! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 14 2007, 01:03 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 13 2007, 06:57 PM) *
Why thankyou kind sir. I will sit down this evening and watch them all! wink.gif

You better. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 14 2007, 01:10 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 14 2007, 12:03 AM) *
You better. tongue.gif

I will dont worry, as I know i will be in trouble laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 14 2007, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 13 2007, 07:10 PM) *
I will dont worry, as I know i will be in trouble laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'd be disappointed, not mad...Just kidding. You just need some Petruccication. laugh.gif

In other words Puetrucci Education.

This post has been edited by Unleash-The-Shred: Nov 14 2007, 01:16 AM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 14 2007, 01:15 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 14 2007, 12:12 AM) *
laugh.gif

I'd be disappointed, not mad...Just kidding. You just need some Petrucci education. laugh.gif

Well IMO there is no education like "Shreducation" wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 14 2007, 01:17 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 13 2007, 07:15 PM) *
Well IMO there is no education like "Shreducation" wink.gif

Ok, I admit it you got me there. laugh.gif

But that would include Petruccication!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 14 2007, 01:19 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 14 2007, 12:17 AM) *
Ok, I admit it you got me there. laugh.gif

But that would include Petruccication!

That is a serious mouthfull ! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 14 2007, 01:22 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 13 2007, 07:19 PM) *
That is a serious mouthfull ! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

It is. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Nov 14 2007, 01:48 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 14 2007, 12:46 AM) *
I thought it might be a good idea since I'm kinda into acoustic players(and electric of course ), jazz, blues etc. you know.

Yeah, Robin knows his stuff basically about everything that isn't shred (ok, not *everything*, but you get the picture) and it feels like someone like him should be there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 14 2007, 01:58 AM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Nov 13 2007, 07:48 PM) *
Yeah, Robin knows his stuff basically about everything that isn't shred (ok, not *everything*, but you get the picture) and it feels like someone like him should be there.

Im definatly a Metal or Shred lover ,but i listed alot of different player's than what i listen to by preference.I did it more on artist's that have been legends in there own style.

Robin does know alot about music and styles.I guess it';s all depending on Spider and if he has room.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 14 2007, 02:03 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 13 2007, 03:46 PM) *

I was thinking of someone that was into acoustic players, and jazz and the blues. Ok your in.

I just really hope that we get more lists, especially from instructors *wink wink nudge nudge*

wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 14 2007, 02:04 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 13 2007, 07:58 PM) *
Im definatly a Metal or Shred lover ,but i listed alot of different player's than what i listen to by preference.I did it more on artist's that have been legends in there own style.

Robin does know alot about music and styles.I guess it';s all depending on Spider and if he has room.

I agree with you, it shouldnt be all about guitarists you like so you think that they should be on the list. If they have proven themselves great then they will most likely make it though. So when making your lists keep in mind that it is the GREATEST GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME, not the greatest shredder this year in your opinion. Vote for guitarists who deserve to be on the list.

Note to Spidey:

Maybe we should extend the list to 200 so we can get a more fulfilled list after the results are in.

Kind of like these lists. http://digitaldreamdoor.com/

They say 100 greatests guitarists of whatever genre but they do extend it farther than that.

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 14 2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks guys! I thought that variation could be nice, but not too much variation, then we'd never agree laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 14 2007, 01:58 AM) *

I know that a lot of you (or all I suppose) doesn't listen exclusively to shred, but it's good to have a lot of different people. And yeah, he knows a lot about music and styles.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 13 2007, 05:04 PM) *
I agree with you, it shouldnt be all about guitarists you like so you think that they should be on the list. If they have proven themselves great then they will most likely make it though. So when making your lists keep in mind that it is the GREATEST GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME, not the greatest shredder this year in your opinion. Vote for guitarists who deserve to be on the list.

Note to Spidey:

Maybe we should extend the list to 200 so we can get a more fulfilled list after the results are in.

Kind of like these lists. http://digitaldreamdoor.com/

They say 100 greatests guitarists of whatever genre but they do extend it farther than that.

well we can always do something like "the next hundred" lol. There are so many great players, something tells me that it will also be an interesting list.

But first, I'd really like to assemble the first hundred.

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Nov 14 2007, 02:46 AM
Here I go(it's not in order, because I don't think there is an order):

1.Joe Satriani
2.Paul Gilbert
3.Andy Timmons
4.Slash
5.Frank Gambale
6.Nuno Bittencourt
7.Allan Holdsworth
8.Jimi Hendrix
9.Stevie Ray Vaughan
10.John Petrucci
11.Steve Vai
12.Bumblefoot
13.Buckethead
14.Don Ross
15.Reb Beach
16.Gary Moore
17.Vinnie Moore
18.Mare Knofler
19.Jeff Beck
20.Yngwie Malmsteen

This post has been edited by Iluha: Nov 14 2007, 02:48 AM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 14 2007, 02:53 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 13 2007, 08:06 PM) *
well we can always do something like "the next hundred" lol. There are so many great players, something tells me that it will also be an interesting list.

But first, I'd really like to assemble the first hundred.

Perhaps even make lists based on certain styles like on that site. 100 Greatest Jazz Guitarists, 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists, etc.

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 14 2007, 03:08 AM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 14 2007, 02:53 AM) *
Perhaps even make lists based on certain styles like on that site. 100 Greatest Jazz Guitarists, 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists, etc.

I doubt we can come up with 100 jazz guitarists laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 14 2007, 03:09 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 13 2007, 09:08 PM) *
I doubt we can come up with 100 jazz guitarists laugh.gif

Its possible with some research. laugh.gif

Of course Allan Holdsworth and Shawn Lane will most likely top the list

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:37 PM