Roy Clark [ 1 ] ** [1.52%]
Kris Dahl [ 4 ] ** [6.06%]
All GMC Instructors [ 16 ] ** [24.24%]
Total Votes: 66
Guests cannot vote 
skennington
May 29 2008, 05:12 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
So I decided to get your take on the most underated (famous) guitar players. There are many and I tried to include some that I felt hav'nt got the credit they deserve. Like I said, feel free to add any of your choice.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
rockztar
May 29 2008, 05:56 AM
GMC:er
i will say i think people go over Guthrie Govan to easy... But voted at Muris because he is simply a stunning player...

Love you playing Muris(especially the Fusion/jazz stuff wub.gif )

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 29 2008, 06:04 PM
Instructor
Can I vote for Paul Jackson jr. ??

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Bali
May 29 2008, 06:10 PM
I vote for Marc Bonilla

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 29 2008, 06:13 PM
Instructor
I wanted to give my voice to Muris but then I remembered - I'm not underrating him at all! laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
May 29 2008, 06:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I am amazed that more people don't know who John 5 is. The guy amazes me with his playing!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Oxac
May 29 2008, 08:44 PM
I would like to add a guitarist:

Bruce Kulick, KISS and Meatloaf.

I mean, that guy plays very precise, with a lot of nice melodies, fast things (not so often, but he can shred) etc.

Really great and humble guitarist, and at least compared to ace, he's very underrated.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 29 2008, 09:17 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I voted Muris although I don't underestimate him biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
May 29 2008, 09:51 PM
Looks like Muris has got the nod atm. You guys have mentioned some greats that could definitly be added to this list!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 29 2008, 10:03 PM
Instructor
I voted for Muris too smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
SamJ
May 29 2008, 11:13 PM
Me. tongue.gif

Haha, joking. I think that are hundreds of guitarists on YouTube and MySpace and stuff like that who are extremely underrated. Although I think many of them are trying to hard to be famous and whatnot and it would probably be better if they just focused on becoming a well established session player.

+Quote Post
Joey van den bos...
May 29 2008, 11:28 PM
Guys, what about Richie Sambora? ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Sambora
Considering how much he always stood in the shadow of Jon Bon Jovi,, He's pretty underrated alraight, and I realy liked his work. Ofcourse,, there are loads of underrated guitarists tho, GMC instructors included smile.gif

--------------------
I ain't crazy,, I'm an Aeroplane!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2008, 11:50 PM
Instructor
I voted for Muris. biggrin.gif I'm sure that he'll be very well rated very soon. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
May 30 2008, 12:35 AM
Guitarists like Jake E. Lee, John 5, Andy Mckee...the list could go on of how many are Underated.

But define: Underated
:fail to appreciate, not do justice to, set (too) little store by

I just feel some guitarists get overlooked. Great talent but is never seen. Thats why Youtube is a blessing. We are seeing people who would have probably never hit it as big as they did if it wasnt for Youtube shoving it down someones throat on the "featured videos" section.

You just have to find something that makes you unique.
The ones I mentioned did make it fairly big, but not as big as someone like "Steve Vai", now a lightbulb immediatley went off in most of your heads. You just need to stand out well enough and surely you will be recognized. smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
skennington
May 30 2008, 12:40 AM
I'm talking about guitarists that have been notice. (Famous)

This post has been edited by skennington: May 30 2008, 12:42 AM

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
May 30 2008, 01:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Joey van den bosch @ May 29 2008, 06:28 PM) *
Guys, what about Richie Sambora? ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Sambora
Considering how much he always stood in the shadow of Jon Bon Jovi,, He's pretty underrated alraight, and I realy liked his work. Ofcourse,, there are loads of underrated guitarists tho, GMC instructors included smile.gif

I definately agree with this, i always thought that Richie was living in Bon Jovi's shadow. When honestly when you listen to Richies solo work its obvious to me that his voice is better, and when listening to his music that he is driving force and heart of the writing team. I always thought this though.

That Bon Jovi, was just a pretty face to show to the audience. Don't get me wrong Bon Jovi is talented but i think Richie is far more talented then given credit for.

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 30 2008, 01:30 AM
Instructor
Hmmm,there are MANY awesome players out there
that deserve more attention.
As far as I can see all players from the list(not counting me and fellows from GMC biggrin.gif )
are well known players,so I would say they are not that underrated.

I vote for Kris tho,GMC rules!!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Slammer
May 30 2008, 02:01 AM
Marcus Lavendell! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
May 30 2008, 02:49 AM
Well I guess what I was trying to get at with this poll was the fact you constantly hear names like Vai,Petrucci,Gilbert,Gilmour,Dime,Wylde,Lynch , Clapton, ect..ect. There great, yes. I was trying to bring out some of the names that you don't hear as much that are great as well. I agree with alot of the names mentioned also.

One guy who stood out to me back in the day was Chris Olivia (Savatage) R.I.P. man. Never even hear his name anymore and Frampton's doing geico commercials. Guess it's just "time rolls on" and your only as good as what people want at the moment.

I agree with what E-S-J said about standing out in a crowd and I think all on the list did. I suppose it's all about what crowd your standing in.

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 30 2008, 03:06 AM
Akira Takasaki

He's a beast from loudness, nasty riffs and shredder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5GUUEBrGao

dude is f**kin amazing, watch this you tube clip of him

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:07 PM