10 Reasons Why You Started Playing Guitar
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 10 2013, 09:22 AM
Instructor
We all started because of something, right? As there's a reason for everything, you can also find the reasons why someone could stop that (not advisable of course) so read to find out what you have to be aware of, in order to keep playing and be happy about it smile.gif

10 Reasons for starting playing the guitar

10 Reasons for quitting guitar

WHY DID YOU START? I know there's a lot of folks here that went through quitting the axe for some years or so - WHY DID YOU STOP?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jouve
Mar 10 2013, 09:49 AM
Learning Roadie
AAAHHH. You should have warned about the second link. wacko.gif Now i feel depressed wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 10 2013, 11:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Mar 10 2013, 08:49 AM) *
AAAHHH. You should have warned about the second link. wacko.gif Now i feel depressed wink.gif

No way man, read and see what you have to be aware of to enjoy playing!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2013, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Ok.. here we go with the first 10 reasons that appear to mind now...

1. I love music. Music is my aeroplane. smile.gif
2. I used to choose musical instruments instead of toys when I was a child.
3. I watched GNR live videos every day when I was 10/11/12 and so. I wanted to be like Axl, but I couldn't sing like him so I wanted to be like Slash!
4. A friend came to school with a guitar when I was at 6to grade and he played some punk rock songs. I discovered that it was possible to get an electric guitar and I was delighted by its sound.
5. Most of my friends played an instrument and were music lovers.
6. I wanted to be out of class to rehearse for the end of year event.
7. I wanted to play for lots of fans going crazy with my music.
8. Girls find you more attractive if discover that you play guitar.
9. There was an old nylon guitar in my house so I could start playing some riffs on it.
10. Santa gave me an electric guitar for Christmas when I was 11.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2013, 02:37 PM
Instructor
How nice man!

Let's see, for me... I never started because of girls laugh.gif I was simply mesmerized with the instrument and I was stalking the MTV - back in the day when MTV aired MUSIC not what we see today smile.gif I waited hours to see Slash's solo in November Rain. it was the highlight of my day biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2013, 07:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 11 2013, 10:37 AM) *
How nice man!

Let's see, for me... I never started because of girls laugh.gif I was simply mesmerized with the instrument and I was stalking the MTV - back in the day when MTV aired MUSIC not what we see today smile.gif I waited hours to see Slash's solo in November Rain. it was the highlight of my day biggrin.gif

hahah yeah, but you asked for 10 reasons, and that's a lot, so I also listed some advantages... laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 12 2013, 12:11 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
for me it was just that I got really into the music I was listening to so much that just listening wasn't enough anymore, I had to play it as well.
I learned some chords and power chords which was enough to roughly play along with the rhythm sections of most of the stuff I listened to which was enough at the time to get me started.

Ive also quit playing a few times, usually out of frustration at not getting better, and once because my band broke up and I realised I wasn't going to be a rockstar.

on the plus side I think Ive finally quit giving up smile.gif Im now full locked on to my mission of awesome!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 12 2013, 09:17 AM
Instructor
Exactly! Mate look at all the famous dudes on Youtube - not having a band doesn't necessarily mean you aren't going to be a great player. Andy Mckee did it, that dude Eric Calderone and a lot of others. Plus, a very important aspect - don't bury yourself because you don't have the technique of your dreams - aim to make music, and practice diligently and technique will evolve, but in the same time you will also make music. It's a bit weird to wake up one day and say: 'Hey! I can shred like a beast! But...what the hell did I write all these years?'

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 12 2013, 12:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 12 2013, 08:17 AM) *
Exactly! Mate look at all the famous dudes on Youtube - not having a band doesn't necessarily mean you aren't going to be a great player. Andy Mckee did it, that dude Eric Calderone and a lot of others. Plus, a very important aspect - don't bury yourself because you don't have the technique of your dreams - aim to make music, and practice diligently and technique will evolve, but in the same time you will also make music.

true words dude, Im starting to come around to that exact way of thinking..... and finally started to make some progress! smile.gif
when I did play in a band it wasnt the gigs I looked forward to, it was just playing in the rehearsal room, being in a recording studio and writing stuff.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Mar 12 2013, 12:25 PM
GMC:er
The money and the fame! How disappointed was I.. wink.gif
Haha, nah I started when I was a kid, playing classical guitar. I'd played recorder as long as I could remember, and thought it was pretty lame, so I asked my parents for a guitar.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2013, 09:04 AM
Instructor
Well, honestly speaking, it was very nice to know that when I was about 15-16 years, I was the only one that could play among my friends and when a new girl appeared in the antourage, I could be the one standing out biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:11 PM