2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Canon Rock, my take of jerryc's famous canon rock
somecrazyguy09
Mar 19 2008, 07:05 AM
GMC:er
Attached File  canon_rock.mp3 ( 3.11MB ) Number of downloads: 436

hey guys! i'm sure a lot of yall are familiar with the youtube popular canon rock and like a lot of other people i've decided to do my own version. i've played this song for my school's talen shows but now i've finaly gotten it recorded. and i just want to apologize now for the phaser effect. when i was recording it it did'nt sound as much of a prolblem as it did in the final recording. the song was mostly improvised so i could'nt really do a retake. a few mistakes here and there and since i rendered it as an mp3 you can now barely hear it lol. oh well i wish i was as good at the whole recording that than i am at guitar. if you can hear it leave whatever feedback you can. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by somecrazyguy09: Mar 19 2008, 11:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 19 2008, 10:00 AM
Lets go fishing!
Overall I think its fantastic! biggrin.gif The only thing i would change is that phaser effect you so rightly pointed out... other than that - YOU ROCK! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Batista
Mar 19 2008, 10:05 AM
I really like it too! Extremely cool! Which place did you get on that talent show? smile.gif

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 19 2008, 10:17 AM
Instructor
IT is great man! smile.gif Very interesting sounding. Distortion is a bit fuzzy tho.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 19 2008, 10:48 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice, I like it smile.gif
..and I agree on the phaser effect.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 19 2008, 10:52 AM
Instructor
Very nice indeed smile.gif But I think it would sound even better slowed down a bit as it sound like you are in a rush smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Mar 19 2008, 01:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 19 2008, 10:52 AM) *
Very nice indeed smile.gif But I think it would sound even better slowed down a bit as it sound like you are in a rush smile.gif

Thats the cool part for me. biggrin.gif The rush effect. tongue.gif

Good job btw wink.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 19 2008, 02:49 PM
What an awesome sound quality smile.gif if it wasn't for that phaser.. really great job man!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 19 2008, 04:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Mate you can play for real!! That's realy good.

Sometimes it just sounds a bit diffrent then the normal, not melody wise, but a bit to fast or something like that.

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Mar 19 2008, 04:29 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 19 2008, 04:40 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nice Job man! Sound was excellent ( wont mention the phaser again,oops tongue.gif ) as was the arrangement. Enjoyed it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 19 2008, 04:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow awesome job man here ! smile.gif Sound really good ! Very good playing and recording skills wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 19 2008, 04:57 PM
Instructor
Well done!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
Mar 19 2008, 07:44 PM
thanks a lot for the feedback i really appreciate it. biggrin.gif as far as the rushing part goes there's an explanation for it. when i had played the song for my schools talent show all acts had to be under 4 minutes and the original song is like 5 and a half minutes so i had to edit it and speed up the bpm in order to get it under 4 minutes, plus i never really liked playing it slow anyway. i tried to record another take but even when it sounded like it was perfect when i played it back the recording of me was always seemed to be a little out of sync with the backing track and i could'nt figure out why. but i'm gonna get the original un-edited backing and make another recording and this time without the phazer wink.gif to see if it sounds any better at a slower bpm and with all the original parts to the song since i had to edit out most of it for the sake of time.

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 19 2008, 07:53 PM
"i tried to record another take but even when it sounded like it was perfect when i played it back the recording of me was always seemed to be a little out of sync with the backing track and i could'nt figure out why".

Sounds like it may have been a latency issue. Just recently was told how to adjust the tracks to it myself. What recording program do you use?

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
Mar 19 2008, 08:16 PM
i use reaper software

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 19 2008, 08:24 PM
QUOTE (somecrazyguy09 @ Mar 19 2008, 03:16 PM) *
i use reaper software

If you go into the Options tab and un-check "enable snapping", you will be able to move the tracks freely. Smells here at GMC let me in on this a few days ago. With the snapping checked you can't . Try this and bet you can put it in perfect time with your backing.

Good luck,
Steve

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 19 2008, 10:13 PM
Hey guy I'm just listening to it and you truly ROCK!
Where has this phenomenon been hidden? laugh.gif laugh.gif
I'm curious about what Marcus Siepen might think about your upload...I think it's simply amazing!

This post has been edited by Angelica: Mar 19 2008, 10:14 PM

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
Mar 20 2008, 05:29 AM
hmm i did the snapping thing but they still wont match up. its like a delay in the recording but i havent done anything to make it do so. i hit record and play along with the track as usual but when i hit stop and go back to hear it my recorded part is just behind and no matter where i move it it does'nt fit it. i'm very confused because this just started happening for no reason.

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 20 2008, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
very nice playing rolleyes.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 20 2008, 09:40 PM
most easy-fied version of the song I have heard. you left out every single difficult element, replaced it with something simple. You even left out a full minute of the song.

Play is ok, but nothing special. More backing track than anything else. I listened closely to try to hear your technique. Just did not hear a lot Really hard to hear anything with the backing masking your rhythm, accenting, play. I pretty much assume when guys do that, they are covering something up. If I do anything special, I certainly don't want some backing track drowning me out.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Mar 20 2008, 09:47 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:56 PM