> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

50 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Misterm's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2015, 12:09 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! So, to summarize, you know use Guitar Pro successfully for practicing and everything is clear, am I right? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 15 2015, 06:59 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab,

Yes I know use Guitar Pro a little bit...
I know make a loop and down the beat to 50/60/70 bpm/etc.... biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2015, 04:09 PM
Instructor
Great! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 21 2015, 07:17 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

I recorded a video.
It is still too fast but I shall eventually gain.

Later 50 sec, I tried an improvisation.
I played without trying to build, I played the feeling.

I hope that you can help me.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2015, 01:59 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM, nice take!

It's a pity that your guitar is low in the mix so I can appreciate the details and dynamics behind your playing on this solo but I can say that your phrasing is cool on this one. Everything sounds good, on pitch and with a nice feel. One thing that I would like to comment is that you need to experiment with more different note values to keep your solo interesting during the whole time. You need to add more concepts into your playing, even more when the backing is so repetitive. You could try longer notes with wide vibrato, faster licks with alternate, faster licks with vibrato, harmonics, tapping?, hibrid picking, more double stops (3rds, 6ths), different kinds of bends...

this sounds very good, but now you can continue expanding your playing. It's a never ending journey.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 27 2015, 06:50 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi MisterM, nice take!

It's a pity that your guitar is low in the mix so I can appreciate the details and dynamics behind your playing on this solo but I can say that your phrasing is cool on this one.

Hi Gab

Yes my guitar is low in a mix because I made a take with Guitar rig, I was'nt able to increase the track guitar

Everything sounds good, on pitch and with a nice feel. One thing that I would like to comment is that you need to experiment with more different note values to keep your solo interesting during the whole time. You need to add more concepts into your playing, even more when the backing is so repetitive. You could try longer notes with wide vibrato, faster licks with alternate, faster licks with vibrato, harmonics, tapping?, hibrid picking, more double stops (3rds, 6ths), different kinds of bends...

I agree, it has maybe too many notes.
My question: how to play good at the right time?

this sounds very good, but now you can continue expanding your playing. It's a never ending journey.

Ok I know, every day makes me better but I have some difficulty with the improvisation sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2015, 08:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 27 2015, 02:50 PM) *
I agree, it has maybe too many notes.
My question: how to play good at the right time?

With practice. Recording yourself, analyzing your playing, working on the weak points, listening to other guitarists. This is a beautiful never ending journey. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 29 2015, 01:32 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hello gabriel,

Ok I work on rolleyes.gif

I recorded 2 videos.

The first one : Bn's Land Of Legato 2
I train at 75 % 80/85/90 and lasting 100 % 30 mn a day.
I again have to work, it is not still not enough fluid and not enough in the beat,
but I feels more strength in my fingers, I'm happy.....

The second: Shuffle Rythm & Solo

I have already put on-line a take at the beginning of the year.
Today I want to play it better.

I also have some work on the dynamics and the sound.
What do you think about it ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2015, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM! Good job here!

The legato lesson is not sounding bad but you already know which are the next goals on this one: tighter and smoother playing. I think that the current tempo is not still comfortable for you so maybe you can decrease it a bit to then get back to it. Your fingers and mind have to get used to this tempo for this technique.

The shuffle rhythm & solo sounds really good! You can play everything clear at tempo. There are some little parts that could sound tighter but the overall sounds very good. Dynamics and tone have room to improvements, off course. The second video is private so I can't compare.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 30 2015, 05:02 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

100% legato : It was a test to show you the result, I work usually 80/90 BPM.
My fingers and mind, yes I know what you want to say, I feel little more every day

I'll made a new take in a few day or weeks

Shuffle is not very good : tone and dynamic, I work on.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 1 2015, 03:32 PM
Instructor
Ok mate, please keep me updated. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Dec 6 2015, 08:15 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

I think this new lesson will make for me progress.
I have to improve my speed.

I made a take to 90 BPM, I have to work the precision.
My objective : 100 BPM in the coming months

I continue to work the numerous lessons, the progress is long, I am a patient and a worker

For Workshop :
Off Beat Boogie
Ben's Land of Legato 2
Shuffle Rythm & Solo
Toto The early days

Personnal :
ROOM 335 rythm & Solo

Family :
With my sons for christmas : saxophone and guitar bend
Jazz swing Lead and me play Jazz swing rythm

This post has been edited by MisterM: Dec 6 2015, 01:03 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 6 2015, 09:22 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM! Congrats on your great job!

The alternate picking lesson is sounding very good, and except by some little passages close to the end, your alternate picking sounds very consistent at this tempo.

Then, the cover also sounds good, you'r learn lot of licks and phrases from it. The next step is to make the phrases sound even smoother, but this is on the right track. This tune is a great training for your overall technique, and it would be also helpful to analyze a bit how he is building the phrases.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Dec 12 2015, 08:48 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hello Gabriel

Thank you for the advice.

I work every day the shred, I shall need time to progress.

Room 335, I do not know how the sentences are chosen.
I am incapable to analyze all this. My theory is not rather big. Later maybe.

I posted 2 video in the workshop

Jazz rythm swing and jazz swing lead

I look forward to your comments

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2015, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM! Thanks for the update. I'll check the REC takes and comment there. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Dec 19 2015, 11:52 AM
Veteran Tone Master
QUOTE ("Gab")
Hi MisterM!
This lesson keep on improving on the things that we've been talking at the mentoring program.
However, these elements still have room for development. I'm talking about dynamics and swing.
About dynamics, I feel that you are playing everything soft, I would pick louder and manage
dynamics to give more expression to your playing.
Regarding timing, you are playing everything even with the beat, check out the original lesson,
how Muris plays a bit after the beat to get a cooler rhythm feel to this style.
That's all by now, you are on the right track, just keep the hard work!

QUOTE ("Darius")
I agree with Gabriel on the little more of picking control needed.
Some parts tend to almost disappear in the mix. Same as with previous take of different lesson
- play a little after the beat rather than straight and square,
As for my personal preferenes a think there is too much of "line out" high frequencies in your tone
- shows when you hit a little harder than most of notes played here.

QUOTE ("Ben")
Hi there,
Darius made a good observation about tone. There's a little too much of a 'Strat sound'
when you pick harder. That metallic ringing sort of sound? I know it is a Strat so they're going
to have that single coil snap to them but you need a more rounded tone.
One thing that may help you get closer to Muris's sound will be to use only downstrokes
during the sections of 0:23-0:25 and 0:33-0:37. Using alternate picking is very accurate but it's
maybe too accurate. The timing is too even. I know this might sound strange to say but part of
the swing sound that Muris achieves is because he uses the same stroke direction which makes
each note sound even more separated from each other.
Or, just try using the thumb like the original lesson. See if it makes any difference and, if it does,
either stick with the thumb or try to apply the same feel to using the pick.

I understand what you want to say. I am going to work my picking and my dynamics.
About the beat, actually I don't have enough experience to play after it.
I don't feel everythings, but I'm going to work on it.

About my tone, it's bad choice, I work on unsure.gif

What exercise I have to work to improve me about play after the beat ?

This post has been edited by MisterM: Dec 19 2015, 11:57 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 19 2015, 05:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Dec 19 2015, 07:52 AM) *
I understand what you want to say. I am going to work my picking and my dynamics.
About the beat, actually I don't have enough experience to play after it.
I don't feel everythings, but I'm going to work on it.

About my tone, it's bad choice, I work on unsure.gif

What exercise I have to work to improve me about play after the beat ?

Hi MisteM! In order to practice swing, I recommend you to listening to music played with swing, and off course understand what it means and how it feels.

Once you get the feel, you can practice scales of phrases up and down over metronome or using the backing track of the lesson that you have learnt.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Dec 20 2015, 12:34 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hello Gab, thank you for link,

For the moment my progress is slow.
I have many current lessons but my main problem is the speed.
I work my legato and my alternate picking with the ben's and Muris's lessons
I continue the lesson " OFF Beat BOOGIE ", the rhythmic is not still really in the rythm has 156 BPM.

I need motivation, for it I learn a blues " ROBBEN FORD Style ", it is hard, I work with the guitar pro tab, for playing in the beat.
I think of making a video in a few days.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Dec 20 2015, 12:36 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2015, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Amazing choice MisterM! I love Robben Ford's playing and this lesson covers it really well. It's not an easy lesson but it's full of killer blues licks. If this lesson motivates you to practice, let's go for it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Dec 24 2015, 06:14 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gabriel, Your 20 punk in a song lesson is amazing rolleyes.gif

This evening I played with a lot of pleasure.
I know the complete lesson Roben Ford, I hope to record a video the next days.
Emir uses a delay or a echo with long feedback. I have some difficulties has to make the same, but that looks like.

I understood many things on Off beat boogie lesson.
I played with the tab to understand the beat, I hope to make a video this week.

I wish you a Merry christmas biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Dec 24 2015, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post

50 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
16 User(s) are reading this topic (16 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:33 AM