Sumitnext's Bootcamp, Earn it Soldier!!!!
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2016, 06:34 PM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video of you playing the bit along with a METRONOME or DRUM click in the background so that I can hear if your on beat or not, and embed it as a post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

After that proceed to MISSION #2. Here is a link to all of the missions. All 400+ of them. Our highest ranking Soldier is currently at LEVEL 30.
http://bit.ly/twtgmc

Here is the link to your own PRIVATE HOUSE OF PAIN!...Er I mean.. SHRED!
http://bit.ly/sumitnextsbootcamp

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 4 2016, 06:37 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Feb 4 2017, 06:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Todd,

Its been a really long time ( 7 months ) since you created this thread for me. I wasn't ready then so never started . Sorry for that. I am ready now.

Today is my first day.

Before doing anything i just spent 5 minutes practicing lesson 1 and posting the video.

This will be my STARTING POINT before i get serious with SHREDDING.

Please let me know anything you wish to from my first video.

I WOULD LOVE TO BE GUIDED REGARDING WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM MY NEXT VIDEO.
( I work better with short goals )

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Todd's Shred Bootcamp Level =1
Sumit's Attempt 1
Metronome = 140 bpm

Bye

sumit

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 4 2017, 09:34 PM
GMC:er
CONGRATS SOLDIER!!!! This is your FIRST MISSION and you KILLED IT!!!!! Let's debrief...

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)Maintained splendid palm mute / right hand control.

2.)Maintained tight and precise picking.

3.)Maintained control of each strike and it's timing.

Well done on your first Mission Soldier! My expectations are very simple. There are no speed requirements. Only precision requirements. So as long as you play what is listed in a given mission in a precise manner, with good technique, you will badge up! I know these first few lessons are very simple, but they do help you get your production process smoothed out and get you ready for the HELL that's yet to come!! I may have you start multi picking along the way but I usually need to see a few missions to decide when to throw that in.

*If you want to record a metronome in reaper, try this!

A simple metronome is available under "Insert/Click Source"
Hilight the resulting item and hit "Ctrl+F2" to change parameters. Drag the edge to loop to the desired length.

Congrats Soldier, you just ...

LEVELED UP!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Feb 4 2017, 01:12 AM) *
Hi Todd,

Its been a really long time ( 7 months ) since you created this thread for me. I wasn't ready then so never started . Sorry for that. I am ready now.

Today is my first day.

Before doing anything i just spent 5 minutes practicing lesson 1 and posting the video.

This will be my STARTING POINT before i get serious with SHREDDING.

Please let me know anything you wish to from my first video.

I WOULD LOVE TO BE GUIDED REGARDING WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM MY NEXT VIDEO.
( I work better with short goals )

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Todd's Shred Bootcamp Level =1
Sumit's Attempt 1
Metronome = 140 bpm

Bye

sumit

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:42 PM