Mac And Wmv Files ?
wrk
Feb 18 2008, 07:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi,

Most of the time i can not see the video files (WMV files) other members have uploaded. I'm a Mac user and i'm running OS X 10.5.1. I use the latest version of the Safari Browser 3.0.4 with QuickTime 7 Pro as video player. I have installed the component plug-in "Flip4Mac WMV". Normally i'm able to see WMV and i have tested it on other websites. Anybody else have the same problem or maybe a solution for this?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 23 2008, 07:43 PM
Instructor
hmmm thats strange - I am on mac also but never had a problem with WMV files and Flip4mac - Have you gone into system preferences and gone to Flip4mac icon and then update tab and then check for updates ?
Also, have you done all the recent mac software updates ? there is now an update for leopard 10.5.2

nick

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
wrk
Mar 24 2008, 11:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi,

Thanks for your answer ..

Yes have checked for all the updates and i just did again. I have now deactivated some video formats in the Quicktime MIME settings to force the download of these files instead of viewing them in the browser. Like this i'm able to use different local video player. What i have noticed is that the file name of the downloaded video is something like filename.wmv.avi, i think the .avi extension is added during the upload function used by the forum(?). As soon as i remove the extension .avi at the end i can see the movie with quicktime (Flip4mac component). I guess thats why the safari plug-in of quicktime can not show the movie. This is working for you ?

Example:
Robin's entry for the LickOfTheDay competion (post 10): https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=11749

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 24 2008, 11:56 AM
GMC Founder
Have you made sure to first download the file on your computer, make sure the extension is filename.wmv and then tried to open it with your wmv application?

--------------------

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Mar 24 2008, 11:57 AM
GMC:er
Same problem here!

Eddie

+Quote Post
at lights end
Mar 24 2008, 12:08 PM
i have the same problem too.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 24 2008, 10:56 AM) *
Have you made sure to first download the file on your computer, make sure the extension is filename.wmv and then tried to open it with your wmv application?

just tried that, works fine. thanks kris!

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
wrk
Mar 24 2008, 12:15 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 24 2008, 11:56 AM) *

Yes, this is what i'm doing now and it works fine.

No big deal just for your information maybe. I just did some tests and have downloaded different video formats from here. All wmv files i download have the extension .wmv.avi

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Mar 24 2008, 12:19 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 24 2008, 11:56 AM) *

Works great now! Thank you!

Eddie

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:55 PM