> Hey Guys, Nice To See You All Again
Skalde
post Aug 12 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.817

Hello everyone,
it has been 10 years since I last posted here. I wish I could say I now have 10 years of guitar experience but that's sadly not the case. In the past years, I played a bit but no serious practice. I don't think I ever learned a complete GMC lesson at the time I was here. I renewed my subscription this month and already learned 3 beginner lessons. So there is some progress now smile.gif
I started with the Paradise Lost Lesson and the Metallica made easy by Gabriel.

At the moment my main problems are:
-Timing (Dotted notes still don't feel natural to me). Also when phrases start on an odd beat like 4+
-Lack of Music theory (Don't know any scales yet beside the a minor pentetonic)
-No musical ear

The GMC lessons I learned already helped a bit with the first point but timing is still always an issue with more complex phrases.
I also looked into learning music theory.

This post has been edited by Skalde: Aug 12 2019, 10:08 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Todd Simpson
post Aug 13 2019, 01:00 AM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Welcome back!!! Todd here smile.gif I'd like to invite you to join BOOTCAMP!!!! It starts at the very start and works you all the way up through SHRED GOD. Just send me a Personal Message and I'll get you started!! Also, dive in to the COLLABS as you see them pop up, they are a great way practice soloing.
Todd

QUOTE (Skalde @ Aug 12 2019, 03:22 PM) *
Hello everyone,
it has been 10 years since I last posted here. I wish I could say I now have 10 years of guitar experience but that's sadly not the case. In the past years, I played a bit but no serious practice. I don't think I ever learned a complete GMC lesson at the time I was here. I renewed my subscription this month and already learned 3 beginner lessons. So there is some progress now smile.gif
I started with the Paradise Lost Lesson and the Metallica made easy by Gabriel.

At the moment my main problems are:
-Timing (Dotted notes still don't feel natural to me). Also when phrases start on an odd beat like 4+
-Lack of Music theory (Don't know any scales yet beside the a minor pentetonic)
-No musical ear

The GMC lessons I learned already helped a bit with the first point but timing is still always an issue with more complex phrases.
I also looked into learning music theory.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th January 2020 - 10:35 PM