Pickups Adjustment Tips, Useful stuff from Seymour Duncan
Darius Wave
Mar 13 2014, 11:53 AM
Instructor
Hi guys!

Just wanted to share some stuff that might not be so obvious to all of us. Also I think that the amplitude analysis via DAW is a great tip if You're not sure to trust Your ears. Few tips - well prepared, not too much, not less than necessary. Short enough to spend 3 minutes reading. Enjoy

http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/the-tone...ive-humbuckers/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 13 2014, 01:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for sharing this, Darius smile.gif When I had my guitar in for a check up about half a year ago or so, he also adjusted the pick ups, I think. It's not something I've ever thought much about, but I like to do most things myself when it comes to guitar setup, so it's something I will look into for sure.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
NPB1979
Mar 13 2014, 03:16 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 13 2014, 10:53 AM) *

Great article. Everything is easily reversible too!

--------------------
As me about my Michigan-based handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups. Est. 2010 - I wind more for hobby and not for profit. I do pickup winding, rewinding, and some vintage repair as well.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2014, 09:54 PM
A fine share smile.gif Good tips there!! Especially for folks new to the instrument and new to tweaking.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 13 2014, 11:30 PM
I also started changing screw heights after reading a similar (maybe same) post a while ago.

There was a period last year I constantly mod.ed my pickups and record results to learn what affect what. Since I had to remove them each time I had to come-up with a practical approach because mod.ing also can change height preference;

-I started with the neck pickup in parallel; It was the most open neck sound on my wiring, goal was to find the sweetest top end without making the sound bassey of full like a humbucker. This also resulted in a nice sound when switched to neck serial.

-Later on mid. position (bridge and neck) I opened a shred friendly distortion, goal was to rise or lower the bridge until it didn't sound like only a neck or bridge serial engaged.

-The 4.th position was neck-bridge inner coils. I lowered the bridge high E string just a little if I got too much string hitting fret sound.

Then I gave it a day or 2 before adjusting height of screws. Also a tip; if neck or bridge pole screws are heightened as thick as a JAZZIII pick its sound will change wink.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 13 2014, 11:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:26 AM