Mod Your Cheap Amp, Vox Ad30vt speaker swap
ItsMe
Mar 15 2009, 04:21 AM
GMC:er
Hi I'm kind of back. Had to take some time of from guitar but try to find some time now. But first I tried to mod my cheap Vox modeling amp. I think the Vox modeling line is much better than Line6 and other competitor amps. At least when you look for a more tube like sound. These things have a real tube in the, so called, Valve reaktor preamp circuit. The model I have doesn't work for metal but everything else sounds great. But they have a line that can definitely serve you metal heads. Anyway I was at a jam session and a guy there had the exact same amp I have. A couple of people came up to him after the gig and asked him where he got this great sounding amp. He told them it's a 200$ modeling amp that he just modded a little by swapping the speaker. He put a really expensive Celestion greenback in. I went home and got myself a Jensen C30Q because it's half the price of the Celestion and had great reviews on some forums.
Ok now the result. The amp sound great, at least 10000 times better. I also put a better tube in too, but that didn't change too much. The speaker swap however transformed that little thing into a tone monster.
So all owners of a cheap vox modelers. Get yourself a better speaker.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Mar 15 2009, 04:23 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:16 AM