2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hiya Gmc Folks!
MikeyMayhem
May 13 2013, 05:41 PM
GMC:er
Hiya GMC folks!! My name is Mike, and I finally signed up after quite some time viewing videos on here on and off over the past few months.

I have been "playing" guitar for a few years now, but never really focused on learning from various sources. But now that I have the resources, I think it is time to practice and learn what I have been wanting to for quite some time. The real challenge is learning while playing a lefty guitar! tongue.gif

(Also, some of you have some really cool names. I have an all too common name irl lol)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear: Ibanez RX-170 Lefty w/ Seymour Duncan Blackout PUs
Ibanez SG Series Lefty Bass
Peavey VK-100 Half Stack
Boss ME-70 Processor
MXR 10-band EQ, Fullbore Metal Distortion, and Classic OD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 13 2013, 05:44 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Welcome to GMC! There tonnes you can learn here. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
May 13 2013, 06:12 PM
Welcome mate.

GMC is a great site.Friendly,helpful community and loads of incredible lessons smile.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
May 13 2013, 06:57 PM
Welcome, Mikey!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 13 2013, 07:30 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great to see you step into the forum Mike! smile.gif
I can only imagine how hard it can be to learn on a lefty guitar (if you are righthanded) and vice versa, sounds like a valid challenge.

Please let me know if you have GMC questions and hope to see you around here in the forum.

Cheers,
Bogdan

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
MikeyMayhem
May 13 2013, 07:41 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome! And it's actually not that too bad, to be honest! It's kind of like looking into a mirror when watching and playing along.

--------------------

Peavey VK-100 Half Stack
Boss ME-70 Processor

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 13 2013, 10:42 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to the site man.

A lot resources can be found here as well as instructors and members that are more than willing to help you out! You picked the right place to learn wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 13 2013, 11:10 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Welcome man! GMC is the best place to practice guitar and have a good time doing it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 13 2013, 11:40 PM
Instructor
Wellcome in the family! If You need any help just ask us smile.gif You'll see very soon that here the atmosphere is very friendly and every one helps each other smile.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
May 14 2013, 02:25 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to GMC Mikey! smile.gif I'm glad you jumped right into the forum. I think you will be amazed by all the resources here. The instructors are beyond amazing & helpful. And the members are extremely helpful & knowledgeable as well. I feel like I have friends all around the world now! smile.gif Be sure to join the video chats. They are very helpful & informative! There are quite a few lefties here on GMC.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2013, 05:05 AM
Instructor
Hi Mike! Welcome to the site! It's really cool to find our introduction here. smile.gif

I'm Gab, one of the instructors here, and I'm ready to help you with the site and lessons. Feel free to contact me if you need some help or assistance.

Enjoy GMC! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2013, 01:29 PM
Instructor
Hey there Mike! Glad to see that you have decided to join the big GMC family. I welcome you and in the same time ask you a question... or a few questions smile.gif What gear do you use, what music do you like listening to and what would you like to learn here?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Headbanger
May 14 2013, 01:48 PM
Welcom to GMC Dude...Mikey Mayhem has to be one of the coolest names laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MikeyMayhem
May 14 2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks again for the warm welcomes!!

As for gear that I use, I have an Ibanez RX-170 Lefty with SD Blackout PUs, Ibanez SG Series Lefty Bass, Peavey VK-100 Halfstack, Boss ME-70 Processor, MXR 10-band EQ, Fullbore Metal Distortion, and Classic OD.

As for my favorite kind of music, it's a wide range of Power Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal, Punk Rock, Modern Stoner Rock, Shred and some Blues.

What I would like to learn for sure is Neoclassical shred. And of course, there is a long list of songs by all sorts of artists I would like to learn as well, ranging from Motorhead to Slayer, HammerFall to Clutch, etc.

--------------------

Peavey VK-100 Half Stack
Boss ME-70 Processor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 14 2013, 08:05 PM
Welcome to GMC Mikey!! You'll definitely find what you're looking for here!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 14 2013, 08:35 PM
Hey friend welcome smile.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 15 2013, 06:01 AM
Welcome to GMC smile.gif You have found the best place for guitarists that I've ever even heard of. It's wonderful here smile.gif Hop in to the forums and collabs, and vid chats!!

Todd

QUOTE (MikeyMayhem @ May 13 2013, 12:41 PM) *
Hiya GMC folks!! My name is Mike, and I finally signed up after quite some time viewing videos on here on and off over the past few months.

I have been "playing" guitar for a few years now, but never really focused on learning from various sources. But now that I have the resources, I think it is time to practice and learn what I have been wanting to for quite some time. The real challenge is learning while playing a lefty guitar! tongue.gif

(Also, some of you have some really cool names. I have an all too common name irl lol)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2013, 07:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MikeyMayhem @ May 14 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Thanks again for the warm welcomes!!

As for gear that I use, I have an Ibanez RX-170 Lefty with SD Blackout PUs, Ibanez SG Series Lefty Bass, Peavey VK-100 Halfstack, Boss ME-70 Processor, MXR 10-band EQ, Fullbore Metal Distortion, and Classic OD.

As for my favorite kind of music, it's a wide range of Power Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal, Punk Rock, Modern Stoner Rock, Shred and some Blues.

What I would like to learn for sure is Neoclassical shred. And of course, there is a long list of songs by all sorts of artists I would like to learn as well, ranging from Motorhead to Slayer, HammerFall to Clutch, etc.

Hey again man - now that I know a little bit more about your direction, I dare to suggest some easier lessons in the beginning, so that you may gradually step on the road your are about to start:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/ - the best lesson to begin with when dealing with the neoclassic
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/stoner/ - a little collection of Stoner rock lessons
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/th.../1/3/n/n/n/t/f/ - beginner thrash oriented lessons
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/De.../1/4/n/n/n/t/f/ - beginner and advanced death metal lessons

I think this should give you a lot to work on smile.gif Please let us know if you have any questions around here, ok?

+Quote Post
MikeyMayhem
May 15 2013, 03:53 PM
Cool!! Thank you for the links, Cosmin! I'll have plenty of questions for sure tongue.gif

--------------------

Peavey VK-100 Half Stack
Boss ME-70 Processor

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
May 15 2013, 08:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Mikey and welcome to the site smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:24 AM