> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Dieter's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 7 2012, 10:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Dieter!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 8 2012, 07:23 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Gabriel!
Nice to let me in your army biggrin.gif

Ok you ask and here the answers :

I grow up with Hendrix -Santana -Pink Floyd- Oldfield -Aldi Meola-Colosseum-great german bands-and a lot more.

Metallica i got into through my daughter - Bling Guardian i like ,Faun and more ......this natural spirit and feeling from
that celtic kind of music . Hard music compared with soft parts and a universal lyric . Important in this kind of music that i still can hear the music elements and instruments . For example Slipknot i don't like .

I am serious with studying my guitar / playing -
but i never played with someone or with backing tracks before i came to GMC.
You know my Van halen lesson - rhythm is a problem at first ! (this lesson i am working on too, but will take now more time until the next record , Ben mad me a great video for help )
I like to play just around and i have fun and always a idea . ( will make some sample )
Problem using chords and than putting together with a solo line

Ok i will today make some clips from solo and rhythm guitar in between my dutys.

and one idea of my own melody and rhythm mixed somehow laugh.gif

My idea is of course :

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

All the daily exercises and studys in a way that leeds to a way of german metal a kind of time table.

( before i forget right know just in standard tuning - dropped stuff sounds great but its to early for me i think )

Thank you Dieter

OK Gabriel here the first sound clip:

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/oldmem1

and the next one

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/backing-study-1

And here a record i just made some weeks a go - just like that in a mood huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Jun 8 2012, 07:14 AM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 8 2012, 10:07 AM
Hi Gabriel,

her a nother vid i just made - inspired from Ben`s thread i just did see.

Thats a good example for playing around - but the next thing would be some chords to get on with it.

Like this i like to play around - problems come when i try to work it out - chords to put in and use interesting sounding is a big problem too , besides all the other ones you know about my playing wink.gif .

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2012, 01:13 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for all this info!I have been following your REC takes so I can notice which are the main things to work on. In this first week I would like to assign you these lessons to work on.

This one for your right hand and for timing work:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

and this one for your left hand and also timing work.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

This two are tricky so mayb it will take more than one week to master, so please start working on these ones and keep me updated in order to add some other complementary jobs like specific exercises, riffing and learning some theory, scales and chords. In the short term I would like to see you joining collaborations here at the site.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 9 2012, 06:54 AM
Ok Gabriel i am on the way , thank you!
Dieter

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2012, 07:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jun 9 2012, 02:54 AM) *
Ok Gabriel i am on the way , thank you!
Dieter

Perfect! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 11 2012, 06:27 PM
High Gabriel,
hope you are well !

This are two good lessons you told me to exercise ! wink.gif

Picking hand basics is a great lesson to get into feel the rhythm changes and i do it slow rolleyes.gif

Bens land of legato - wow a new planet will take more time and i do it very slow tongue.gif hahaha and it is fun too !

Dieter

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Jun 11 2012, 06:28 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2012, 06:52 PM
Instructor
Nice to read that!! Looking forward your takes! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Aug 9 2012, 09:47 AM
Hello Gabriel,

it took a while until now wink.gif

but here a first record on souncloud with your Helloween lesson.

It is full of mistakes i know but i just started with playing to background and wow it is real fast but i like that sound and exercise a lot !

Slowly i start to get into it to hear out where i should play my parts hehehe rolleyes.gif

any way , before i go to france it was important to me to say Hello and i look forward to all your great german metall lessons tongue.gif step by step .

Have a Good Time !

Dieter

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/helloween-lesson

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2012, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for your take! I'm glad to know that you are enjoying my German Power Metal lessons. You have to practice this one using the slower backings because your timing isn't correct on this take. Once you feel comfortable with the slower ones, go for this normal tempo backing. wink.gif

I wish you have a nice journey to France! Enjoy it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 7 2012, 11:36 PM
Hello Gabriel just came back from france.

Hope i didnt forget what i did know about your halloween lesson tongue.gif

Tomorrow i will get back into it .

Dieter

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2012, 04:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 7 2012, 07:36 PM) *
Hello Gabriel just came back from france.

Hope i didnt forget what i did know about your halloween lesson tongue.gif

Tomorrow i will get back into it .

Dieter

Welcome back Dieter! Thanks for the update. Looking forward your take! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 11 2012, 10:55 AM
Hello Gabriel !

Here my morning exercise from today - Helloween lesson in parts and 100 bpm drum machine.

I try it in original speed too, several times a day - wow 150 bpm is very fast ! huh.gif

Have a good day !
biggrin.gif
Dieter

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Sep 11 2012, 10:56 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2012, 02:11 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! It's cool to see you working hard! You are not going with the loop because it's still a bit fast for you. Try to set it at a slower tempo to feel more comfortable while you practice and to be able to play each lick tight.

Have a good day too! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 11 2012, 06:13 PM
OK Gabriel,

i use the next few days Guitar Pro and speed 80 - 100 bpm ,

50 bpm i did try but its to slow and i feel not comfortable with it 80 is OK and then i think 100 should become comfortable

to record end of the week - we will see and hear. rolleyes.gif

Thank you for your help !

Have a good time and lots of inspiration !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2012, 03:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 11 2012, 02:13 PM) *
OK Gabriel,

i use the next few days Guitar Pro and speed 80 - 100 bpm ,

50 bpm i did try but its to slow and i feel not comfortable with it 80 is OK and then i think 100 should become comfortable

to record end of the week - we will see and hear. rolleyes.gif

Thank you for your help !

Have a good time and lots of inspiration !

Dieter

That sounds good for me. It's true that sometimes if you practice with a VERY slow backing you can't feel comfortable with the idea because it's so slow than it looses sense.

Have a good time and lots of inspiration you too! smile.gif

Gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 22 2012, 04:32 PM
Hello Gabriel ,

i took a week longer for my next vid to record - to much work with my job cool.gif .

Ok first problem i had with my i movie to record because of a leopard update on my mac it works different then before and i didnt had time to find out yet all the functions - so the vid is not exactly synchrony with my garageband sound clip.

I try to play in original speed 150 but i exercise 100 and 120 bpm.

One big problem right now are the changes and timing on 0.34 and 0.41 i didn't hear out yet the exactly timing as you can see and hear on gp file it sounds right but with the original backing couldnt yet figure out the exact timing !

Sure there are lots more mistakes i can heare myself but this points 0.34 and 0.41 are for me right now important .

Anyway i hope you are well and i wish you a nice weekend ! biggrin.gif

Dieter

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2012, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Hi dieter! yes, there are some very important timing issues in the overall lesson. I think that it's mostly a technique limitation.... so my suggestion is to practice at slower tempos first... and if you find it impossible with the backings maybe you can use the guitar pro files to be able to follow what the midi guitar does...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2012, 04:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Dieter! Let's work on the Modern Metal Collab here... please post some ideas.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 23 2012, 04:30 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 26 2012, 03:43 PM
Hello Gabriel just came back home !

The last days a have been busy with a job i had to do and did not know about before i ask you to help my with collab,
but this weekend end i start my first record !

Dieter

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:14 AM