Floyd Rose Tuning!
Rvddps
Jan 24 2007, 12:45 AM
GMC:er
Ok, if anyone read a few of my old posts, you'd know i have a RG350DX, and it was in the shop with floyd troubles, well, i got my baby back, but i am really scared of the tuning now. I have heard mainly from the net that the proper way to tune is to unlock all the screws at the nut, go down from 6 to 1, lock the strings, and then fine tune. BUT the people who work at he guitar store say you should only unlock 1 screw at a time, do the 2 strings associated with that screw, and then lock it and move onto the next one, after that use fine tuners.

Which one is correct? or are any?

thanks

Rv

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 24 2007, 02:43 AM
QUOTE (Rvddps @ Jan 24 2007, 12:45 AM) *
Ok, if anyone read a few of my old posts, you'd know i have a RG350DX, and it was in the shop with floyd troubles, well, i got my baby back, but i am really scared of the tuning now. I have heard mainly from the net that the proper way to tune is to unlock all the screws at the nut, go down from 6 to 1, lock the strings, and then fine tune. BUT the people who work at he guitar store say you should only unlock 1 screw at a time, do the 2 strings associated with that screw, and then lock it and move onto the next one, after that use fine tuners.

Which one is correct? or are any?

thanks

Rv

Shouldn't make any difference I believe. If you just loosen the upper one for the particular string/strings and then fine tune the rest it should be ok. But I just got a floyd so dont take my word for it, it's just what Ive gathered from my music store.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 24 2007, 08:10 AM
Instructor
Hey i use Floyd for many years and i was always unlocking all of the screws so actually there is no difference between those 2 methods.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Feb 1 2007, 01:20 PM
dry.gif I recently bought a charvel with floyde rose and I was able to set mine up through these instructions..

http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html

This post has been edited by chainsbroken: Feb 1 2007, 01:25 PM

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
beebo
Mar 17 2007, 01:19 AM
How do you actually put the strings on! What are u guys talking about with screwing the nuts in different order? What nuts? (not being fresh) laugh.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 17 2007, 03:16 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I have the EXACT Same guitar as you, and i know what youre talking about, sometimes it seems that if you unlock all the screws, the bridge might pull on the strings a little to much and de-tune them. since there isnt the nut to hold the string it might go out of tune. i usually just undo one nut tune it, tighten it up, and do the rest, just as a precaution

Also, The RG350MDX Uses and Edge Pro III Trem System, so it might differ slightly from floyds

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:53 AM