> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

40 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
Alex Arvedahl
Feb 18 2015, 10:19 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel! smile.gif

Great V-chat today smile.gif
Here is my first take on the timing assignment

I would like to change my creative part of my guitar practice, instead of keep playing the Satriani Song, I really want to play a GMC lesson because I have practiced the Satriani Song for 3 months now so I am little tired of it and because the Song is higher than my skill level at the moment, I think it would be a good varation to learn a GMC lesson and maybe come back to the Song at one point. Do you have any specific suggestions for a GMC lesson?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Feb 19 2015, 12:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2015, 02:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, I think that we have discovered a very important thing to fix! You are not playing those quarter notes even with the beat and this is something that we need to work hard since it will affect all your playing. It's fundamental to be able to play these tasks totally tight to then be able to play complex licks tight over a backing track, and even more on a live band situation.

So, please let's do this task: LINK

As it says there, for 3 days. Ok?

It would be important that you mostly focus on this so if you start working on a lesson, please give more priority to this timing task.

As a part of the timing work, I would work on a melodic lesson, like this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...sciante-lesson/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Feb 19 2015, 06:36 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Awesome Gabriel! The only opponent is within, right? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2015, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Exactly. Go for it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Feb 22 2015, 08:43 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel! smile.gif
How was your weekend? smile.gif

Here is new video with notes.
This week I practiced the timing most as you said it was VERY important, which I think too. Pretty useless to know a bunch of awesome licks without being able to apply them to something cool. So I practiced the timing assignment for 60-80 minutes each day and 15 minutes of bending/vibrato.

My timing is not tight yet, even though I have realized a progress since the first day I started practice it. I think I need some more days of practice this one. smile.gif
What do you say? smile.gif

Attached File  Guitar_Notes_Week_9.txt ( 892bytes ) Number of downloads: 268

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Feb 22 2015, 08:43 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2015, 12:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, thanks for this new update!

Your work on the timing task is slowly evolving but it definitely need more work. The good news is that you are improving and that we discovered a very important issue that once you master it, it will have a big impact in your overall playing. There are some suggestions that I would like to give for the next 3 days of practice.

- Work on this timing issues during 3 days, in 3 blocks of 20 minutes, but before you start each block.
- Before you start the block, dedicate 5 minutes to visualize what you should do. Push play to the backing, listen to it and imagine what you should play. If you can, play along the quarter notes over it, while tapping the tempo with your foot.
- Try the same thing with your eyes closed.
- Then, when you start the block, don't worry too much about notes, you can repeat the same sequence of notes all the time, and put all your focus on timing. Once again, tap with your foot, close your eyes, move your head with the groove. Each of these things will help you to feel the groove
- Start practicing with only downstrokes, and once you feel that you can play this tight, go for alternate picking. I think that you should find only downstrokes easier for playing tight.

This workout should take 1 hour each day. Besides this, you can dedicate 2 blocks of 20 to the lesson that I suggested in the style of Frusciante to keep on working on phrasing techniques.

Any question?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Feb 24 2015, 09:22 AM
Learning Chord Basher
No question smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2015, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Feb 25 2015, 10:21 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel! smile.gif

Thanks for all your awesome tips about how to improve the timing, it feel like it helped so I hope you can here a difference smile.gif Here is the video of me playing the timing assignment first with all downstrokes and then alternate picking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDIfuAdZ-38...eature=youtu.be

The style of Frusciante was pretty easy to play so you might get a video of that later this week smile.gif

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Feb 25 2015, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2015, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Yeah! I note an important improvement on this video! You are getting closer! I'm glad to know that the tips have really helped to work on this task. As we need this sounding perfect so let's dedicate 2 more days to this task since it will have a killer impact in your playing.

So, 2 more days to go! ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Feb 27 2015, 04:18 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Sounds perfect Gabriel! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2015, 02:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Feb 27 2015, 12:18 PM) *
Sounds perfect Gabriel! smile.gif

Great! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 1 2015, 07:21 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hola Gabrielo! smile.gif

How are you? smile.gif
Here is the video with both the Timing Assignment and the Frusciante Style lesson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKMaY9RZnIM...eature=youtu.be
What is next? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2015, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, thanks for this new video.

Unfortunately the timing take is not tight this time. You are not going even with the beat and it's very notorious if you hear your take and pay attention to drums. For example follow the snare which is always on beat 2, and see how your note is just before it and it creates a double effect. I feel that there whole take is a bit before the beat. I think that you can do it with more concentration, focusing on the drums. You should be following the kick and the snare all the time, your guitar would become the percussive part of the backing. We are not ready for the faster backing yet, please continue practicing it with your eyes closed, moving the head with the beat, feel it.

Frusciante's lesson starts to sound good, I think that there are some timing issues on this one but I would like to hear it over the backing track, is it possible?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Mar 2 2015, 02:12 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 2 2015, 08:22 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!

I wonder how many this I should continue practice the timing assignment before you want a new video?
About the Frusciante's lesson I will take the timing in mind and give a new video in a couple of days because I have just focused to play it so it sounds good with bends and vibrato.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2015, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! I think that 3 days for both tasks is ok to check the progress. Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 3 2015, 03:18 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 3 2015, 02:00 PM) *
Hi Alex! I think that 3 days for both tasks is ok to check the progress. Ok?

Sounds excellent smile.gif Just wonder if you want this week's Guitar Notes because there is really not something special to them smile.gif

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Mar 3 2015, 07:24 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2015, 01:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Mar 3 2015, 11:18 AM) *
Sounds excellent smile.gif Just wonder if you want this week's Guitar Notes because there is really not something special to them smile.gif

It's not necessary! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 5 2015, 08:41 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel! smile.gif

I think the timing lesson is starting to sound good, here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPuzcPh6nd4...eature=youtu.be
And the Frusciante Style, I feel like I am pretty good in timing when I play along with the GuitarPro but when I shall record and put the backing over it, it isn't correct in timing at all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqmIMytGhw...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2015, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Thanks for this new videos. I can notice that your timing is getting better! The timing assignment is VERY close, you are now playing the notes even most of the time. We are ready for the next backing track, so please download this one and practice the same thing during 3 days, the same amount of time than you did for the previous one. It's very important that you dedicate your time and energies to this task.

Attached File  AC_DC_Backing_100.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 259

Frusciante lesson is also sounding good, but it has timing issues here and there that you should fix. From 00:00 to 00:20, timing is close, but there are notes on those phrases that are played a bit before or after, timing is not so bad, but it's irregular. The faster phrase that starts at 00:20 has even more notorious issues. In the second half I note the same, the slower parts are better while the faster has also important issues. So please keep on practicing this one, over the original lesson and also just using the backing track.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Mar 6 2015, 02:27 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

40 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:40 AM