> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

21 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Monkeydathos' Road To Awesomeness
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 29 2012, 01:47 PM
GMC:er
hum..i see. I think my problem was that i was thinking a bit like this: - " well 4/4 and 8/8 have the same lenght, i can write the same stuff on it (guitar wise) and they will end up sounding the same, so da heck is there 2 times sig". I wasn't really thinking in rhythm.

On other hand, i got these 2 lessons almost down: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/ and https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...h-metal-lesson/

But i am not sure if they are a 10 biggrin.gif, do you mind if i post a pre-rec take here for a sensei review tongue.gif?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Dec 29 2012, 01:47 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 29 2012, 01:58 PM
Instructor
Hehe! Glad I managed to shed some light on the matter tongue.gif

Please do! By all means! How are the preparations with the audition coming along?

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 30 2012, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 29 2012, 12:58 PM) *
How are the preparations with the audition coming along?

Cosmin

Good i think! i am mentally prepared (still i bet that one hour b4 the audition i will be running around like a headless chicken).
I have been practicing mainly Hand Synch and Chords from around 7 AM to 9 AM and Tightness from 2PM to 6PM with a 1/2 hour break, ending the day around 7/8 pm with a chapter of music theory and sight-reading. This is basically my life right now laugh.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Dec 30 2012, 06:55 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 31 2012, 08:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 30 2012, 05:54 PM) *
Good i think! i am mentally prepared (still i bet that one hour b4 the audition i will be running around like a headless chicken).
I have been practicing mainly Hand Synch and Chords from around 7 AM to 9 AM and Tightness from 2PM to 6PM with a 1/2 hour break, ending the day around 7/8 pm with a chapter of music theory and sight-reading. This is basically my life right now laugh.gif

Dedication and a good mindset! Very well my friend! Don't forget to jam against the backing tracks I gave you - the ones that have missing parts!! biggrin.gif Practice the songs of those guys against these tracks - you will gain flawless timing and tightness!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 2 2013, 04:14 PM
So it's been 4 days since i started to practice the lessons, here is the progress so far (hopin on havin a rec ready by the weekend as i intended, but i don't know tongue.gif)

Hand Synch: still got to work it out, still not that confident in some parts; There was some unwanted noise which i usually don't get, but my brain was like - you dude, i c u are recording, so let me mess it up for you ....

https://soundcloud.com/diathos/hand-synch-lesson-take-1

Thrash Metal: i have to say that even if this is far from perfect, this is probably the thing that feels natural to me!. Still need to work in
consistence i tend to lose control of the picking due to the high tempo down picking.

https://soundcloud.com/diathos/thrash-metal-lesson

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jan 2 2013, 04:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 2 2013, 09:35 PM
Instructor
Whoa dude, I say you did a good job with the hand synch - you can take it to the REC and see what the other guys have to say tongue.gif And the Thrash Metal lesson is almost great biggrin.gif You messed it up in a small degree in the part starting at about 0:27 - no sweat though - it's a difficult one and with a bit more focus there you can get it sounding perfect. I can feel you being a little stressed out in general, because you tend to lose balance - NOT TIMING - but balance - you rush imperceptibly little biggrin.gif But it will be perfect once the RED LIGHT fever will be gone smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 3 2013, 09:41 AM
Gotcha!

I will post them Sunday, meanwhile i will practice both some more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 3 2013, 09:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jan 3 2013, 08:41 AM) *
Gotcha!

I will post them Sunday, meanwhile i will practice both some more.

Good thinking Renato! So, the audition is getting closer, right? I remember you said January 9th, right?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 3 2013, 02:50 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 3 2013, 08:48 AM) *
Good thinking Renato! So, the audition is getting closer, right? I remember you said January 9th, right?

somewhere next week, they still have yet to tell me the day. i am actually not that nervous at all laugh.gif, but with not that much of hope. I bet they seen guys who play 100x than me, so i will just go there and try to have fun and don't make too many mistakes.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jan 3 2013, 02:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2013, 09:31 AM
Instructor
The fact that you are not nervous is good and it is not smile.gif Keep cool but do not relax in such a way that you will lose attention over what's going on around you - being too relaxed does not help. Musashi says you need to be calm but determined smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 4 2013, 10:21 AM
guess you are right. is just that deep inside there is this voice that tells me, you are far too noob for such thing biggrin.gif, so i have kind mentalized myself for the option of not gettin to be chosen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2013, 12:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jan 4 2013, 09:21 AM) *
guess you are right. is just that deep inside there is this voice that tells me, you are far too noob for such thing biggrin.gif, so i have kind mentalized myself for the option of not gettin to be chosen.

Wrong! smile.gif It is good to always keep in mind that the learning never stops, but you have to be determined if you want to achieve something! My best friend, came to Bucharest when he entered college - he was a talented guitarist, but NOBODY ever heard about him. He entered a competition to win the spot as a guitarist in a famous band here. He was competing against people that had 10 times his experience and who were very well known all around. Guess what? HE WON because he went there and behaved as a pro, plus, he was and is a hell of a player.

This was happening in 2001, we became friends in 2006 and we first talked about our band together in 2008 and in 2010, we formed Days of Confusion, ARIA back then smile.gif

Here he is:

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 4 2013, 01:01 PM
but but.. i am not a hell of a player ahah laugh.gif
okay.. i will try my best to get this spot!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2013, 08:20 PM
Instructor
Hell yes! That's the attitude!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 7 2013, 06:14 PM
Ai ai man, i've been doing some movings (some of the things actually weight 3 times my weight and i am skinny dude you see) and stuff..and since i haven't move my butt from the sofa in a while, my back and arms feel all sore and tired sleep.gif

i did record some videos for the rec, but i didn't enjoy any of them, so yeh i end up with 0 work done, also i think i have catch a cold ...

Anyways, talking about vampires, swords and afro dudes, if you know any cool show/anime or not anime, i would appreaciated very much biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jan 7 2013, 06:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2013, 06:22 PM
Instructor
Hehe! Samurai Champloo biggrin.gif Have you tried this one? And do i need to mentor you in fitness too? biggrin.gif I work out 4-5 times each week tongue.gif And I love it!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 7 2013, 06:39 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2013, 05:22 PM) *
Hehe! Samurai Champloo biggrin.gif Have you tried this one? And do i need to mentor you in fitness too? biggrin.gif I work out 4-5 times each week tongue.gif And I love it!

I think i should get some fitness thing rolling, i used to run in the morning b4 school, but my mp3 or whatever people call them nowdays broke...and i just dislike running without music rolleyes.gif.

and yes i have seen Samurai Champloo! really liked the art style biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2013, 09:58 AM
Instructor
I usually listen to music on the street when walking and I dislike not having my player along for the ride smile.gif Don't use the lack of music as an excuse! biggrin.gif Get to it and get yourself into shape. I for one, like to know that I can use my body whenever I need to, so I am trying to keep it in constant shape smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 18 2013, 07:01 PM
Io Cosmin, how are you doing?

Well it was a major bummer, they found "the dude" before my audiction, they said they had this awesome chemistry, and the dude has also some experience in studio, so i was like.. "okay (sadface)."

Anyways i will start a coverband project in 2 weeks, we already have some stuff to work on. it might not be as fun as in the original one, but they (covers) this time are quite challenging, (we have from Modern Metal to Blues/souls Kotzen stuff).

Meanwhile i haven't did the rec takes yet, because ..well i lost all my picks ._., been fingerstyle for a week now sleep.gif, BUT i have located the sweet spot for Barre Chords on the first fret, now i only need to work on Thumb Tension. In general (chords playing) my thumb is under way too much tension.

i also might not be as much as active as i used to be, school exams are starting.

Cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 19 2013, 09:14 AM
Instructor
Hey Renato, sorry to hear that mate - well, you can be happy that you did everything that was in your power smile.gif You had a lot of good practice and I am sure that the time spent doing that will pay off sooner or later in one way or another - it's always like that mate!

Say, I have an idea - would you like to have a few backup lessons, which deal with finger picking - as I notice that you lose the pick quite often? biggrin.gif Great to hear that you are faring well with the barre - I will keep waiting for the take though!

Cosmin

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:45 AM