> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Chris S.'s Music Theory Journey, for Gab's Army
Chris S.
Feb 22 2018, 11:24 PM
Learning Roadie
For me - the drums need work, I mostly just have random patterns in there to keep the time.

I'm not sure how I feel about the transition from the clean guitar verses to the pre-chorus at 31 seconds. I originally had some synths there as well but it sounded weird only have them on that one pre-chorus as there are no synths anywhere else in the song.

Other than that it's basically the bridge at 2:19. I definitely like the faster palm muting of the rhythm guitars, but I feel like the lead guitars clash with the vocal melody wise.

That's everything that jumps out at me so far.

Also here is my progress with the Silverstein lesson:

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/silverstein

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Feb 23 2018, 01:13 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2018, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris,

The tansitiion from verse to pre-chorus is a bit agressive, it's not sounding bad, but maybe trying to make a part that sounds "smaller" will make the chorus explore more, if I understand well the structure, the chorus starts at 00:42, is it right?

What using some electronic drums for the pre-chorus?

This is not the style of your song, but I like how real drums and electronic synths and drum loops are combined to create contrast between the different parts in bands like this:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 23 2018, 09:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for that video Gab it gave me a little bit of an idea - this isn't final but what do you think of the new Pre-Chorus direction?

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/perfect-pc

I also added a small solo at the bridge, but I don't know if it sounds forced or if it fits with the rest of the structure unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Feb 23 2018, 09:28 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2018, 07:53 PM
Instructor
Nice! That's what I was talking about!! This is very promising. Keep on experimenting, and listening to productions like the one I've shared. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 28 2018, 02:19 AM
Learning Roadie
I will keep developing it!

I also did a new cover to hopefull impress a girl - I think it worked wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 1 2018, 04:12 PM
Instructor
Killer sound!! I have to listen more to this band. I like it!! Great job.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Mar 2 2018, 01:04 AM
Learning Roadie
They're a great band - they're from my city and the lead singer graduated from the same highschool as me biggrin.gif

This is their latest single:

As for the Silverstein lesson this is where I am at:

https://www.soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/silverstein

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2018, 04:55 PM
Instructor
Nice! Thanks for the link!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Mar 5 2018, 01:31 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gab!

So where I am at so far is I scrapped the pre-chorus, I didn't have lyrics written for it and I feel like trying to force a Pre-Chorus is going to end up hurting it in the long run. I did keep the electronic drums in the chorus, and added a synth that pan sweeos left and right.

To give you an idea of the vocals here are the lyrics that follow the vocal melody:

Trapped between the tv screens
The billboards calling out to me
Here's what to say, what to do
I should try to be just like you

A photoshop model in magazines
Convincing me that I need to be
So perfect, so perfect
I need to be so perfect

I can't believe
That you believe
The lies they sell to
Our insecurities

Do you believe?
I won't believe
The lies they sell to
Our insecurities

(the chorus lyrics aren't final but that's what I have so far)

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/perfect-synthy

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2018, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris! Good move! I think that it's more natural now without the pre-chorus.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:43 AM