Cosmins 2nd Quick Tip, Guitar Biomechanics
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 17 2011, 11:45 AM
GMC Founder
Today Cosmin shares an exercise which will help you recover from injuries, improve stamina and build your guitar muscles. Just as last time the video is accompanied by Cosmins awesome band Stripsearch.

Click here if you missed his previous video.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2011, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Hey guys smile.gif I sure hope that this one is useful for you!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Mar 17 2011, 12:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've been using one of these off and on for years, and it works great. It does wonders for your grip strength. They're pretty cheap to buy, you can find one here:

http://www.amazon.com/TDS-C-0180-O-Forearm...r/dp/B000XSAQP8

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 17 2011, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Excellent video Cosmin.. these are really helpful. I liked your other video too.. hopefully many more will follow ! smile.gif

Really loving the music too cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2011, 12:09 PM
Instructor
Can you please explain how it's working? biggrin.gif I'm curious, since i've never seen such a thing smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 17 2011, 11:07 AM) *
Excellent video Cosmin.. these are really helpful. I liked your other video too.. hopefully many more will follow ! smile.gif

Really loving the music too cool.gif

Thanx mate! I got a lot of'em exercises in my bag biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 17 2011, 12:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 17 2011, 11:09 AM) *
Thanx mate! I got a lot of'em exercises in my bag biggrin.gif

You could call the series 'Cosmins' Hand Jobs'..........

Ok, sorry ... I had to say it ! wink.gif

Ok, Bye ! *runs away*

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Mar 17 2011, 12:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 17 2011, 07:24 AM) *
You could call the series 'Cosmins' Hand Jobs'..........

Ok, sorry ... I had to say it ! wink.gif

Ok, Bye ! *runs away*

Well it does say at the beginning of the video its "for those with an unbalanced muscular development due to daily activities" biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2011, 12:46 PM
Instructor
smile.gif))))))) good one guys biggrin.gif 1 - 0 for you tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 17 2011, 01:08 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thanks for sharing these tips in the videos. I never thought of doing something like that.
Looking forward to the future ones! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Mar 17 2011, 03:03 PM
GMC:er
It's awesome to see material like this being posted! Thanks, Cosmin.

Personally, I've used a powerball (http://www.powerballs.com/) to help my fretting hand recover from injury, and it stopped hurting after less than a few days, really cool (I'm not a powerball salesman tongue.gif).

It's very similar to this technique, but the powerball allows a greater range of motion, i.e. the wrist is worked in more directions.

The downside to using a powerball, is that at higher speeds, there's a much bigger chance of your technique being wrong, which can lead to injury. With Cosmin's suggestion, the technique is relatively basic, and a heavier weight shouldn't cause your technique to change as drastically.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2011, 04:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Mar 17 2011, 02:03 PM) *
It's awesome to see material like this being posted! Thanks, Cosmin.

Personally, I've used a powerball (http://www.powerballs.com/) to help my fretting hand recover from injury, and it stopped hurting after less than a few days, really cool (I'm not a powerball salesman tongue.gif).

It's very similar to this technique, but the powerball allows a greater range of motion, i.e. the wrist is worked in more directions.

The downside to using a powerball, is that at higher speeds, there's a much bigger chance of your technique being wrong, which can lead to injury. With Cosmin's suggestion, the technique is relatively basic, and a heavier weight shouldn't cause your technique to change as drastically.

Thank you mate! It's awesome to see that my insight is useful and it actually solves problems. I shall post a little more text, regarding the muscle mechanics when executing the exercise. There are some really interesting things going on in there wink.gif

cheerios

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:27 PM