New Cell Question
VinceG
Aug 29 2007, 12:59 PM
GMC:er
So I switched for a new cell yesterday. It was free with the plan so its nothing special. Its a Samsung Sync. Im wondering were everyone get there mp3 ringtones and stuff. Since my old cell never had those mp3 stuff, im still new to this so i need some help on this technology.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 29 2007, 01:37 PM
If its ring tomes your after the service provider should offer them.Like i have verison and i get them off the web site.If your talking about downloading music to your phone i think its too expensive just for me atleast

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 29 2007, 04:56 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
You can make your own mp3's and upload to your cell and use for ringtones. Either record something, use entire songs or mix something of your own.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 29 2007, 05:08 PM
how do you upload it? do i have to buy like a special USB for that specific phone?

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 29 2007, 05:35 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 29 2007, 06:08 PM) *
how do you upload it? do i have to buy like a special USB for that specific phone?

That should be in the manual. USB cable, bluetooth or Infra.
I suck at cell phone technique, I know how to sms and call someone, can add ppl to the address book and I have uploaded mp3's and downloaded ringtones and games.

Download from the net, you text or call a number and they charge for the call/sms and send you the file. It's quite smooth but not something I will do again bucause when they get their hands on your cell phone number they start sending you lots of crappy offers all the time.

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Aug 29 2007, 10:26 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 29 2007, 04:08 PM) *

It depends on the phone. I don't know the specifics for that model, but the information should be out there. The thing with some phones is that some of them are configured not to allow you to specify a file you've uploaded as a ringtone. Sometimes, the information's just obscure. Ringtones are a big source of revenue for the carriers.

the Nokia 9300 I use, depending where I am, I'll either use bluetooth or USB (it comes with a cable and dock). I just dumped it up as a file transfer then specify the file as a ringtone. I'm using a MIDI file at the moment, but it'll do MP3's too. Google it out...you should be able to find if it's possible with your phone and how to do it.

I'd also recommend mixing the file down a little bit before you do it. Convert the MP3 to mono and then lower the bitrate (like 14k instead of 256k). Takes a lot less space and isn't going to sound any different coming out of the phone as a ringtone.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:13 AM