2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Goodbye Zakk, Hello Gus!, Ozzy has a new guitar player
ZakkWylde
Aug 25 2009, 12:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
After 21 years of playing together Ozzy Osbourne has kicked his guitar player Zakk Wylde out of his band!

Ozzy claimed that his music was beginning to sound like Zakk's Black Label Society and so he parted ways with him in peace. Ozzy is known for hiring INCREDIBLE guitar players and everything looked like he was going to choose John 5 (ex Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie) but he didn't...

Gus G of Firewind became Ozzy's new guitarist! Gus G is a guitar player from Greece who played in Bands like Arch Enemy and Dream Evil and has his own Power Metal Band Firewind as you may know.

Weird to see Gus with a Les Paul -.-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 25 2009, 12:36 AM
GMC:er
Wow, didn't hear about this till now.

John 5 would have been a cool choice.

I don't think Gus G and Ozzy will be to good together. Thats just my opnion though. Will have to wait and hear the music first ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 25 2009, 12:42 AM
Instructor
Interesting choice. Firewind is very cool band but this guy has totally different style than Zakk. We'll see smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 25 2009, 12:52 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This will be interesting to see how it develops. Its a completely different guitarist smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 25 2009, 01:30 AM
Wow!!. This is something very very strange!!. Let's see what is coming next. Ozzy is always a box full of surprises

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 25 2009, 01:42 AM
Instructor
Very interesting news. Wonder how things will work out on future records wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 25 2009, 01:57 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I believe this is a great move by Ozzy smile.gif
Gus is a fantastic guitarist, and although very different from Zakk I believe he'll adjust to Ozzys style very well!

Looking forward to hear a new album now with some fresh ideas smile.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 25 2009, 02:07 AM
Learning Roadie
Interesting. They had a good run though, what more can you ask for?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 25 2009, 02:43 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Awesome!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Aug 25 2009, 03:40 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
at first i thought it was weird to have gus G with ozzy, but when i think about it, i find that he actually have a playing style that sound a bit like randy rhoads style(much more than zakk in my opinion)!

this may be a reason why ozzy took gus over J5.

at least i think so huh.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 25 2009, 04:29 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well, Gus is one of my favorite guitar players, the guy is a melody beast. Now since Ozzy signed him, For me that makes him the best guitarist he has signed smile.gif

If you guys wanna check out some of Gus' other stuff, check out Firewind, and some earlier Dream Evil, amazing stuff!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 25 2009, 05:48 AM
i love Gus G.. but i hope this doesn't take away from Firewind! Im not sure what this will do to Ozzy's sound but im sure it will be something i enjoy smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Staffy
Aug 25 2009, 08:15 AM
Learning Tone Master
I'm not into this kind of music, even though I was a big fan of Sabbath in the 70'ths, but as far as i can hear Gus will have no problem doin Ozzy's songs. He's a very skilled player and will blend in nice, I think. What still amazes me, is that Ozzy is still alive.... just read the book bout Motley Crue when Ozzy and Nikki had a competition about whom of them was the most disgusting..... Oh, my god!!!!

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 25 2009, 08:16 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
That clip was Awesome!! I'm sure Gus G will fit the role just perfect, love the way he performed.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 25 2009, 01:00 PM
Having had the pleasure of seeing Ozzy with Jake E Lee, Steve Vai and also Zakk I look forward to seeing him with Gus who is another awesome player!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Aug 25 2009, 01:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thats a different/interesting choice! Bet this will make Gus a lot more known as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gus
Aug 25 2009, 02:04 PM
I am eager to see this.

Gus G is awesome player, but the truth is that firewind vocals don't make justice to his guitar skills...

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 25 2009, 04:07 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
It will be interesting to hear how Ozzy's music is affected. I think the Randy Rhoads era was the best though, and I don't think Gus G is going top that.

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 25 2009, 04:57 PM
Jazz Instructor
21 year of playing, man. That is like marriage!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 25 2009, 06:29 PM
Instructor
Great decision by Ozzy! He really needed some fresh air and this player will fit perfect in the band! I'm a big fan of Zakk's old days but I think that nowadays he isn't as creative as in the past. So let's wait for the new Ozzy's album.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:55 AM