Can't Use Search Engine !
Ben Higgins
Jul 20 2012, 11:28 AM
Instructor
For some reason, I'm unable to search in the search engine at all.. I can open pages from links etc but the search engine itself just returns this error message:

Attached Image

I can't try different search engines because I can't get to them to try them... does anyone recognise this error ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 20 2012, 12:04 PM
GMC:er
Do you use Internet Download Manager? It doesn't like Chrome that well...

If you get "Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data" - open IDM and go to menu bar Downloads > Options > General and uncheck the "use advanced browser integration" checkbox.

Voila! Chrome works again.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 20 2012, 01:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Weird - does it work in other browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer)?
If you haven't installed/changed anything recently that is blocking the access - might be something on your internet service providers end.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 20 2012, 01:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Jul 20 2012, 12:04 PM) *
Do you use Internet Download Manager? It doesn't like Chrome that well...

If you get "Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data" - open IDM and go to menu bar Downloads > Options > General and uncheck the "use advanced browser integration" checkbox.

Voila! Chrome works again.

Sorry to sound like an idiot but where do I find the IDM ?

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 20 2012, 01:26 PM) *
Weird - does it work in other browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer)?
If you haven't installed/changed anything recently that is blocking the access - might be something on your internet service providers end.

Yes, Firefox does work smile.gif

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 21 2012, 06:50 PM
GMC:er
IDM - Is a download manager, which queues and accelerates your downloading - if you don't have it, it's no issue then. However, maybe look for any other app that does 'browser integration' and disable it to check.

Either type into the url: chrome://extensions

or

Click Tools > Extensions

Uninstall for the extension you'd like to completely remove.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 21 2012, 07:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Jul 21 2012, 06:50 PM) *
IDM - Is a download manager, which queues and accelerates your downloading - if you don't have it, it's no issue then. However, maybe look for any other app that does 'browser integration' and disable it to check.

Either type into the url: chrome://extensions

or

Click Tools > Extensions

Uninstall for the extension you'd like to completely remove.

Thanks man. Funnily enough, the internet search problem righted itself this morning... strange !??! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:19 AM