12 Bar Blues In A
sb81
Jul 6 2007, 08:20 PM
GMC:er
Did a 12 bar blues in A...

I believe I swapped between A, D and E minor pentatonic scales correctly along with the chord changes.

Feedback please!

I made the backing, and it's all guitar besides the drum track... one part kind of sounds like a horn, but it's some dominant 7 chords.

Edit: oh ya... also split the 7th chords to the left side, and a rhythm part to the right side, tried adding a bit of the blues call & answer effect tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sb81: Jul 6 2007, 08:22 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues.mp3 ( 559.46K ) Number of downloads: 500

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 6 2007, 08:30 PM
It's hard to tell how long you have been playing but working on Rhythm and timing would help you out alot. Keep practicing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
sb81
Jul 6 2007, 08:33 PM
QUOTE (Layzer @ Jul 6 2007, 08:30 PM) *
It's hard to tell how long you have been playing but working on Rhythm and timing would help you out alot. Keep practicing!

Thanks for the feedback - been about 4 months... timing & rhythm do you mainly mean the rhythm part or the lead over the rhythm? Or just the whole thing is out of timing? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 6 2007, 08:52 PM
QUOTE (sb81 @ Jul 6 2007, 02:33 PM) *
Thanks for the feedback - been about 4 months... timing & rhythm do you mainly mean the rhythm part or the lead over the rhythm? Or just the whole thing is out of timing? biggrin.gif

I figured you had been at it for about half a year by the sound(You will improve a ton w\ in the next 6 months if you keep at it) cool.gif ...you need to work on your timing in general. Think stacato and legato when strumming a note. Either way you want to strum the string right at the beginning of the beat on the Rhythm side (lead is more variable) and either hold it for legato or shorten it for stacato. If this doesn't make sense i would recommend just playing with a basic 80- 100 bpm beat and just playing scales or simple arpeggios EXACTLY with the beat alternating stacato and legato notes. Concentrate on Rhythm and steady, consistant strumming\plucking

also...i recommend Gabriel's blues licks 1\2 + blues shuffle 1 to help you with this...Blues licks one has an extended backing track for practicing all of them...Good luck

This post has been edited by Layzer: Jul 6 2007, 08:55 PM

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
sb81
Jul 6 2007, 08:59 PM
Cool thanks... for the past months I've been working on... first chords, then scales, then joined this site. It's been roughly a week since I've started actually jamming to a backing... I'll be sure to practice what you suggested.

Thanks again!

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 6 2007, 09:09 PM
thats a good order of things to learn...Rhythm will make it all sound better and once you feel comfortable playing an intermediate lick like Gabriel's blues licks. Then you can work on speed

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:20 PM