Line 6 Recording Products, help
Nick325
Aug 20 2007, 09:47 AM
GMC:er
i have the toneport gx but it can only record guitar. i want something that can record guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. which ones can do this? i need to know soon before i cant return it anymore. thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 20 2007, 10:38 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Aug 20 2007, 04:47 AM) *
i have the toneport gx but it can only record guitar. i want something that can record guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. which ones can do this? i need to know soon before i cant return it anymore. thanks

It all depends if you want to record them all at the same time, or separately ... which is it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 21 2007, 09:11 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 20 2007, 05:38 AM) *
It all depends if you want to record them all at the same time, or separately ... which is it?

seperatly maybe?? blink.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 21 2007, 09:16 AM
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Aug 21 2007, 04:11 AM) *
seperatly maybe?? blink.gif

I mean will everyone be playing their instrument at the same time, as in a rehearsal or gig, or do you want to do multitrack recording where you would lay down drums, then a rythm track, then some bass, then some lead guitar and then some vocals? Each requires very different equipment.

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 21 2007, 09:22 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 21 2007, 04:16 AM) *
I mean will everyone be playing their instrument at the same time, as in a rehearsal or gig, or do you want to do multitrack recording where you would lay down drums, then a rythm track, then some bass, then some lead guitar and then some vocals? Each requires very different equipment.

i was thinking of getting a multi track recorder if i was recording my band all at once but i dont think were up to recording yet. so probly seperate unless theres one that can do both?

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 21 2007, 09:31 AM
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Aug 21 2007, 04:22 AM) *
i was thinking of getting a multi track recorder if i was recording my band all at once but i dont think were up to recording yet. so probly seperate unless theres one that can do both?

More inputs and outputs are generally pricier so don't get them unless you need them.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 21 2007, 09:48 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 21 2007, 04:31 AM) *
More inputs and outputs are generally pricier so don't get them unless you need them.

we probly will start to once i have it but besides that i want to use it for my own recordings and things. thats why i like one where you can record guitar,bass, and comes with drums.

i was looking at this one or this one. the reason i want a different one is so i can i can record all instruments. and i like that it has its own recording software and instant drummer.

is there another way to get that stuff like a download or i just need to buy the a new one.

This post has been edited by Nick325: Aug 21 2007, 10:01 AM

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 22 2007, 05:13 AM
anyone have one of those???

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:07 PM