> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Pop Strumming, Lesson By Joe Kataldo
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

n3m57
Jul 19 2016, 09:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Pop Strumming by Joe Kataldo

Hello, it's been a while since I work this lesson, I hope all is well :) Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2016, 03:11 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

Great to see you working on this lesson. It's essential to be able to change chords and keep the rhythm flowing.

There are not dramatic issues on this take. You can change the chords smoothly, there is not unwanted silence between them, and I can hear each chord sounding clear.

Your timing is not bad, but sometimes there is some little room to adjust it. In some parts of the groove you tend to rush a bit the tempo. A good way to continue fixing this is to practice moving the right hand up and down in 16th notes without touching the strings. Just practice the motion over the backing track, with your eyes closed trying to connect your mind, hands, and body with the groove of the song. Then, get back to the lesson trying to keep the same feel.

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 21 2016, 05:22 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

Your right hand look fine - relaxed and properly keeping the groove. You need to really watch out for the timimng because you tend to get before the beat. Focus hardly on the bass drum and snare in the mix. You already make stronger accents at those points but try to make them better matched with the beats.

You've mastered those shapes - no hesitation while switching chords. But...At soem moments there are not all strings ringing as they should. Make sure you don't mute some of wanted strings with left hand finger that touches neigbour string.

Next time consider using brighter tone - unfortunately some of the attacks get's under the drums in the mix and it is not easy for us to perfectly spot some issues.

Those are things to work at but keep in mind there has been done a lot by far and you can be proud of your work smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 22 2016, 09:37 AM
Instructor
Hi man this is mostly good with just a couple of things to work on:

Tone - as the guys said, you could do with getting some more brightness in your tone. It's not easy to get an electric to sound as bright and shimmering as an acoustic of course and we must take any gear limitations into consideration as well but if you can tweak your tone it will help.

Timing - In the beginning and middle of the track you have some timing issues. I can pinpoint exactly where they are which should help.

The first 2 strums are fine. Your timing issues begin on the 3rd strum - the upstroke. It is at this point you hit the strings slightly before the beat. The strums that follow immediately are carried out of time because of this.

However, during the last part of the lesson you manage to rectify this and it sounds as it should. So listen to the last part of your take and compare it with the rest of it to see if you can hear the difference smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 26 2016, 05:46 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:59 PM