Marionette
The Uncreator
Jan 3 2009, 09:20 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Heres a brand spankin new one from me, Following up to the lyrics I wrote for it. I tried to start off as creepy as I could, And I think I got a good intro, Im quite proud of it actually, sounds evil smile.gif

Anyway, One thing I must mention is that during the solo, Yes I know there is 1 or 2 notes off in the haromny, Im not used to harmonizing sweeps too much, So I have to go back and see where im screwing up. This is really just a demo so far, I think once I get everything down to exactly how I want it, I'll re-record to fix all the little nuances.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Marionette.mp3 ( 4.36MB ) Number of downloads: 333

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 3 2009, 09:33 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nice and dark man, I like it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 3 2009, 09:35 PM
Ah, Glad ya like it!

And I tried to make it as dark as possible while keeping it a bit fast smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sami
Jan 3 2009, 09:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
Brutal!
no kidding i really like it smile.gif
Harmonizing sweeps isnt as bad as it seems so, just think of it like this
Lets use the key of C major. Lets harmonize the 3 string c major sweep that starts on the fifth(12 fret of the G string) in 3rds.
The notes of the chord are C E G. the 3rd of C is E(which the chord tells you) so the harmonization of the C major chord must be some kind of E chord. We know that in the key of C major, the E chord is minor. So the harmonization would be playing a E minor sweep. But! keep in mind that our C Major sweep starts on the fifth so our E minor sweep must do the same. so you would play the E minor sweep that starts on the 16th fret of the G string.
i hope that made sense.
This was a 3rds harmonization btw

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jan 3 2009, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Very heavy.

Is that you and a DAW or your band?

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jan 3 2009, 10:30 PM
GMC:er
thats awesome man

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 3 2009, 10:47 PM
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jan 3 2009, 01:25 PM) *
Very heavy.

Is that you and a DAW or your band?

Its just me, recorded straight to reaper, and slammed a drum track on it recorded with a not so good drum software. I have a DAW, But no computer of my own to hook it up too sadly.

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 4 2009, 01:32 AM
Experienced Rock Star
what drum software you used?

I like it...cool feeling, I didn't had such a dark feeling reading the lyrics so would like to hear vocals as well if possible sometimes tongue.gif

What equipment you used for recording?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jan 4 2009, 02:15 AM
GMC:er
This song fit perfectly with how I was feeling.

ANGRY.

This fueled my fire, Sick song cool.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 4 2009, 02:57 AM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jan 3 2009, 04:32 PM) *
what drum software you used?

I like it...cool feeling, I didn't had such a dark feeling reading the lyrics so would like to hear vocals as well if possible sometimes tongue.gif

What equipment you used for recording?

Normally I use my POD X3 Live, and use that to record guitars straight to Reaper. Drums I would be using EZDrummer (Long story why im not), But on this I use a program called Acoustical Beatcraft. Good for basic drum stuff, straightforward rock and blues, But for metal it doesnt quite make the cut. I also use a DAW to EQ certain tracks and add effects. Gutiars I used a Dean Vendetta 7 string.

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jan 3 2009, 05:15 PM) *
This song fit perfectly with how I was feeling.

ANGRY.

This fueled my fire, Sick song cool.gif

Glad ya like it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:36 PM