5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Who's The Better Thrash Guitarist?
Who's The Better Thrash Guitarist??
Dave Mustaine and James Hetfield are no doubt 2 of the best Thrash guitarist of all time.Which one do you think has made better guitar riifs or songs over the past 20 years.
Dave Mustaine [ 49 ] ** [59.76%]
James Hetfield [ 33 ] ** [40.24%]
Which is the better Vocalist?
James Hetfield [ 60 ] ** [73.17%]
Dave Mustaine [ 22 ] ** [26.83%]
Total Votes: 82
Guests cannot vote 
botoxfox
Nov 22 2007, 08:46 AM
GMC:er
I really can't stand Dave Mustaine's voice...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 22 2007, 10:32 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 22 2007, 07:46 AM) *
I really can't stand Dave Mustaine's voice...

Nah same here, has always put me off buying there albums to be honest

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 22 2007, 02:47 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Guitarist: Dave Mustaine
Vocals: James Hetfield

Its hard for me to choose on the vocals, i had to pick James in the end, because of his versatility throughout the years.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 22 2007, 03:05 PM
Get to da Chopper!
i still prefer metallica to megadeth- i like most of what is on megadeths greatest hits but the rest im not fussed on...

having said that...

If metallica push out another st anger i'll never utter "metallica" aloud again.

Back to poll:

guitarist: James, even though Dave has a fairly cool thrash soloing style i just love that James' right hand is a riffing machine gun!

Vocalist: Hetfield hands down, though Dave sounds pretty damn cool on some songs.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 22 2007, 04:10 PM
Instructor
I prefer Dave Mustain in both questions biggrin.gif

I like the Mustaine singing style

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2007, 04:25 PM
Instructor
James Hetfield! I reffer his voice and if we are talking about riffs (not solo guitar technique) I chose him too!! Just listen to master of puppets. smile.gif However I also like Mustaine very much but I always preffered to hear Metallica.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 22 2007, 04:30 PM
Mustaine on both.

+Quote Post
Gen
Nov 22 2007, 05:03 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 22 2007, 06:30 PM) *
Mustaine on both.

+1

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 22 2007, 05:13 PM
Overall id prefer Mustaine, and Megadeth for that matter wink.gif

Rust In Peace Babay smile.gif

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Nov 22 2007, 05:24 PM
I think that with the exception of Rust in Peace, Metallica has definitely come up with better albums which are more creative. Until the Black Album, of course.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 22 2007, 05:28 PM
Instructor
Ah, another "who's better" topic laugh.gif this one will be fun to watch! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 22 2007, 05:40 PM
Yes, it will be interesting.

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 22 2007, 05:54 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 22 2007, 08:13 AM) *
Overall id prefer Mustaine, and Megadeth for that matter wink.gif

Rust In Peace Babay smile.gif

Oh my god I'm getting that feeling again, what is it?

I'm wanting to agree with you! There really is... something spiritual about this... laugh.gif

Although to be honest I'm not an avid fan of either band. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 22 2007, 05:56 PM
Ok this is weird, we've agreed like 3 or 4 times in a row, the universe might end if this keeps up....I must make it balanced!!

Dragonforce are awesome, and i think Owen might like them wink.gif

Whew, all is better now smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Nov 22 2007, 06:01 PM
Just looked at that Anthrax video... omg how those riff suck...(no offence to those who like it) Feels like a regular 15 year old boy could have written them any given day. Never heard Anthrax before, and if that´s among their best I bet I didn´t miss anything.. haha. But I never listened long enough for the song to come in. Couldn´t stand it.

As far as Dave and James.. I like James singing more. Only like Dave on a couple of songs.
As guitarist I don´t know really. Never thought about it. As bands go Metallica has done a whole lot more good songs. Some of the songs on Rust in piece is great though. One of my first metal records I bought.

unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 22 2007, 06:35 PM
Wait? That was Anthrax? The one's people are always going on about?

Sounds awful to my ears... unsure.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 22 2007, 07:08 PM
John Petrucci. biggrin.gif

*End of poll*

JK.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2007, 09:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 22 2007, 03:08 PM) *
John Petrucci. biggrin.gif
*End of poll*
JK.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I've never hear John singing trash metal but he plays Master of Puppets perfect... laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 22 2007, 09:54 PM
i think Dave is a better guitarist than James, but James vocals are better than Mustaine's,

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 22 2007, 11:09 PM
I love simplicity in thrash. The closer it is to having a hardcore punk presence the better for me. Maybe one of the reason I love Anthrax so much.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:23 PM