Learn Modes...
Sr4ng3r
Apr 22 2007, 09:09 PM
GMC:er
I found out that if you learn the whole pentatonic boxes (that isnt so hard I assume) and then fill in the missing notes for the major scale, it is a lot easier to remember modes and such.

You connect the modes to different pentatonic boxes, for instance box 1 goes to Aeolian mode, box 2 goes to Ionian/Locrian mode etc.

What do you think of that way to memorize modes? Is it good or does it suck? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tank
Apr 23 2007, 02:54 PM
GMC Veteran
There are lots of ways of learning modes. And I've seen this way suggested a few times, both by teachers and students. So it's certainly a reasonably popular way, which would suggest that it's definately worth a try!

If it's not working out for you, try another method. One will suit your learning style.

/T

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 23 2007, 03:05 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sr4ng3r @ Apr 22 2007, 10:09 PM) *
I found out that if you learn the whole pentatonic boxes (that isnt so hard I assume) and then fill in the missing notes for the major scale, it is a lot easier to remember modes and such.

You connect the modes to different pentatonic boxes, for instance box 1 goes to Aeolian mode, box 2 goes to Ionian/Locrian mode etc.

What do you think of that way to memorize modes? Is it good or does it suck? biggrin.gif

This is how I go about the modes - so I can recommend it.

However, sometimes I find myslef sounding very "pentatonic"... If you learn the modes the traditional way you won't have that problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:02 AM