> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

TesseracT Style, Lesson By Cosmin Lupu
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Mirba
Dec 3 2016, 12:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: TesseracT Style by Cosmin Lupu

More progressive metal smile.gif !

I was looking for lessons in lower tunings so I could use my ESP. This lesson is in drop A and my guitar is in drop Bb, so I transposed the backing track a half step up using audacity.

Memorizing the strange rhythm patterns took quite a while.
50+ takes were required , and its still far from perfect. But i'm pretty happy about this one.

(Also thanks again for your comments on my last take, they really motivated me!) biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mirba: Dec 3 2016, 12:46 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2016, 06:08 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

I've seen this one many times, and compared with the original lesson in order to find really relevant issues and I can say that I didn't find. Your playing is good along the whole lesson and I just find very small details regarding timing, hand sync and pitch that will be polished very soon if you focus on them.

About hand sync and timing, both appear a bit in the faster riff in the beginning and also the one close to the end, which is really intricate. The timing issues appear along the whole lesson but it's really slight, just put more attention to it when playing, and you'll play everything tight as the style requires it.

About pitch, sometimes I feel pitch issues in when playing the lower string, maybe you are doing too much pressure, mostly in the part that has the added clean guitar in the original lesson.

Finally you are missing the clean guitar line of this one which is required when providing a REC take.

Congrats on your great playing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 7 2016, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Mirba. Tbh, I can't really find much wrong with this take. The run at 0:45 is a little bit 'sticky' sounding. The tone you're using is very heavily distorted and I assume there's some sort of noise gate operating in the background to defeat the buzz. Whenever you cut a note off and move to another string it adds this stickiness to the sound. It's the only way I can describe it but I'm sure you'll know what I mean.

The bend at 0:22 would sound better if you didn't let it back down again but held it up until the last millisecond before going into the next riff.

Apart from that, everything else sounds really solid - well done!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 8 2016, 06:07 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

It's an excellent job with nothing serious to complain....to be honest with almost nothing to complain at all. I guess this tones matches the style, and your execution is nice and clean....solid...some would say wink.gif

Now why I say almost...
Breaks/Pauses. Your muting mechanics for this amount of gain are not effecient enough. You could use your right side of right hand to additionally mute all strings while you cut the notes. This would help to remove or at least limit the problem of scrathing sounds, made by string, buzzing on the fret, once you release the pressure. Your holding your fingers inside your palm. It may be a problem to add this tweak due to your current hand shaping habbits. But...it's definitely worth trying out. Let me know if it's all clear. If not I'll make you a short vid on how it could look like

Well done!

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 9 2016, 09:01 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:04 PM