4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Worst Band?
kyldeee
Jan 19 2008, 05:20 PM
GMC:er
That new boyband or whatever it is, Tokio something.... Oh man do they suck smile.gif No offence to anybody who likes them, but they suck big time....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2008, 05:23 PM
Instructor
laugh.gif laugh.gif This topic will be amazing! but.. who can say that one band is better than another..
Steve Vai once said : "who can say that my noise is better than your noise?" or something like that.. I don't remember exactly. biggrin.gif

gabriel.-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jan 19 2008, 05:24 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 19 2008, 06:23 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif This topic will be amazing! but.. who can say that one band is better than another..
Steve Vai once said : "who can say that my noise is better than your noise?" or something like that.. I don't remember exactly. biggrin.gif

gabriel.-

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 19 2008, 05:25 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jan 19 2008, 04:17 PM) *
Worst band I've ever seen is the Bloodhound Gang! The way they are acting is just pathetic ! Or would you like to be pis.. on at a concert ??They are so discusting, they do it compensate their lack of musical skills...

Haha, I think they are hillarious biggrin.gif But that might have something to do with me being incredibly immature... laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 19 2008, 05:26 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 19 2008, 10:19 AM) *
I'd say most people in this community can agree that Sum 41, Greenday, Fallout Boy, Hawthorne Heights, etc. are pretty bad because it isn't instrument oriented and contains little to no talent, which is a well-known fact. These bands get so much attention because casual music listeners like them and don't really know any better. Any serious music listener isn't going to be listening to punk/hardcore/etc.

Yeah, this really annoys me. It's even more annoying that a band like Fallout Boy or Greenday probably has more fans than an awesomely musically talented band like Symphony X (saw your sig)

Oh, and no offence to any nu-metal fans, but I must add Korn and Slipknot to my list tongue.gif

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Jan 19 2008, 05:28 PM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Jan 19 2008, 05:34 PM
This question would be about personal opinion. Certain people may not like a band or type of music but there is always others who do.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 19 2008, 06:01 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 19 2008, 04:19 AM) *
I'd say most people in this community can agree that Sum 41, Greenday, Fallout Boy, Hawthorne Heights, etc. are pretty bad because it isn't instrument oriented and contains little to no talent, which is a well-known fact. These bands get so much attention because casual music listeners like them and don't really know any better. Any serious music listener isn't going to be listening to punk/hardcore/etc.

I wouldn't say thats true at all. I definitely consider myself a "serious" music listener, I definitely like at least some older greenday (permanently in my library) and I listen to newer stuff from time to time. Now sum 41, FOB and HH I can agree with tongue.gif But to say that "serious" music listeners don't listen to punk/hardcore/etc is ridiculous.

I guess I'm wondering what you classify as punk. How about elvis costello? The clash? If you mean mostly newer stuff, I can see what you mean and almost agree with you, but I think to cast a blanket statement like that over especially multiple genres is usually not right.

Personally my least favorite kind of stuff is strangely also some of my favorite stuff. I love dream theater mostly because of mike portnoy and petrucci. But I don't like the majority of the stuff they do, and I really don't like james labrie. I feel the same way for Rush, just replace labrie with Geddy Lee (though he's a good bassist tongue.gif).

But I guess that's not really my least favorite stuff, so I'd have to say extreme pop music. Exceptions being stuff like prince, or michael jackson who are both great IMO. But I mean like brittney spears, or especially a lot of pop-country music which you hear a lot where I live. My least favorite band may be rascall flatts. I hate their singer, and the fact that they have a good guitar player in the band only accentuates how bad the rest of it is to me tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Jan 19 2008, 06:03 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 19 2008, 05:19 PM) *

(I´m not really only responding to your message. )
Lol... Now that´s a very subjective input. And I get the feeling that what you mean as a serious listener is someone who actually is pretty one dimensional really in their listening. Just because it´s hard to play doesn´t mean it has to be good, or the other way around. In fact, as my own opinion I think it´s quite few songs that are very technical and still has nice melodies, good lyrics (if not instrumental) and really get emotional, really speaks to you. I think us guitarplayers appriciate guitarmasturbation a whole lot more then the rest of earth =)

But I must admit I don´t get the whole idea of a serious listener. Is that someone who sits and listens to music and does nothing else then sitting still. Analyzing every riff/beat they make? Now why did they put a +9 chord there instead of a +7.... For my own use I love music the most when I - play it myself - seeing it live - listen to inspiration while working out - enlighten my days at work... Not really cutting it down to little pieces going all theory in the piece. if it feels good, it is good.

I for once was pretty one dimensional before I started study music many years ago. (basicly listened to RATM, Blind Guardian, Megadeth, Metallica and eurodisco.. A few few hiphop songs and that´s about it. Had started growing a bit with some KoRn, progressive hardrock and Meshuggah. Mostly because that band is from my town.) The more I played the more I liked different kind of stuff. I´m not saying you have to like radiomusic. Most radiomusic I don´t like either. But basicly bashing a few genres that is pretty much proven good because many people like it puts you in a position where it might be hard to say other people don´t know any better.. Odds are not on your side =)

Btw cool.gif slipknot are great, Corey Rules! My Chemical Romance is pretty awsome too, lots of energy. And KoRn has some pretty bad ass songs too. They created a lot that is really good. I have not yet seen that band live yet, but I´m sure that they are going to be great as all well when I see them Feb 1.th.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 19 2008, 06:07 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Mackietao @ Jan 19 2008, 05:03 AM) *
I for once was pretty one dimensional before I started study music many years ago. (basicly listened to RATM, Blind Guardian, Megadeth, Metallica and eurodisco.

Ewww tongue.gif Unless its Gunther!

Otherwise I agree tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 19 2008, 06:19 PM
And The Winner Is:

Worst Band Ever

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Jan 19 2008, 06:24 PM
QUOTE (Maximus @ Jan 19 2008, 06:19 PM) *
And The Winner Is:
Worst Band Ever

haha.. Awsome video biggrin.gif I couldn´t stop watching

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 19 2008, 08:05 PM
Wow I can't believe they raped a Dick Dale song. We can't download tabs because of copyright issues, but crappy artists like Black Eyed Peas can sample songs, WTF is up with that?

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 19 2008, 08:36 PM
QUOTE (Maximus @ Jan 19 2008, 09:19 AM) *
And The Winner Is:
Worst Band Ever

I enjoyed watching that. laugh.gif

Kill me now biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 19 2008, 08:44 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 19 2008, 11:19 AM) *

One band i have to disagree with is Sum41. Although the instruments are very simple, the ex guitarist david brownsound went on to do a solo project which was totally amazing.. i can't give you more info on it tho sad.gif Sum 41 and alot of these punk bands write music for a different reason, number 1 being its fun and people enjoy listening to do. Ive rescently discovered punk again and realizing that just because it doesn't take talant doesn't make it music and doesn't make it fun to listen to. Personally i can't stand emo but some of these bands in their early days were having fun and writing things people enjoyed which is enough to make me not dislike them smile.gif

Personally my least favorite artist is an indie writer by the title of Bright Eyes. His instrumentals are all done by him and i don't mind them.. He cannot sing.. and his lyrics (although make sence) do not work with eachother. (example he titles a song Bowl of Oranges, and uses orange as a rhyming word in the song.. Orange does not rhyme! with anything

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Jan 19 2008, 08:47 PM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jan 20 2008, 02:29 AM
QUOTE (Mackietao @ Jan 19 2008, 06:03 PM) *
But I must admit I don´t get the whole idea of a serious listener. Is that someone who sits and listens to music and does nothing else then sitting still. Analyzing every riff/beat they make? Now why did they put a +9 chord there instead of a +7....

I do that all the time...What I mean by serious music listener though is someone who may hear a song on the radio that they like, then they go home and look them up on wikipedia, read about their history, go to their myspace, check out new songs and maybe buy some albums, where as a casual music listener would just forget. Basically I define a serious music listener as someone who keeps music at the forefront of their life and not in the background.

And I didn't mean to bash the "whole" punk genre. I meant most modern punk stuff like Greenday, Sum 41, etc. But even in classic punk, if that is what you call it, there isn't much technical skill at all. It is fine to like that kind of stuff, but for me, music and guitar is a challenge, therefore I want to listen to a band who has complete control and authority over their instruments and can virtually force them to perform anything; for example Dream Theater and Rush.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jan 20 2008, 02:31 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Jan 20 2008, 02:47 AM
I would have to say Avenged Sevenfold..... I just cannot stand their music, and I especially don't like them live. Sounds bad...

P.S. Personally I don't think that Sum 41 are all that bad... Some songs are... but ones like No Reason I kind of like... wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Jan 20 2008, 02:50 AM
From: Pass Christian, MS (10 minutes from Maximus's house)
QUOTE (Robin @ Jan 19 2008, 09:23 AM) *
It all comes down to personal opinion, but the bands I dislike the most are Avenged Sevenfold

blink.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif ph34r.gif

--------------------
"You don't play the guitar, You play the music"

MY GEAR:

Greg Bennett Avion
Alvarez MF 60C
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effects Pedal

GO SSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 20 2008, 03:01 AM
As long as I don't ever hear U2 again and ever hear of Bono again then I'll be happy smile.gif U2 are the worst band ever and one of the only bands I just can't stand.

Make Bono History biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jan 20 2008, 03:02 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 20 2008, 03:23 AM
I have to say Fall Out Boy and AFI.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
xucphra
Jan 20 2008, 03:43 AM
Jeez. Avenged is really hated by you GMCers.

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:58 PM