2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Stolen Gear
Paul Coutts
Dec 17 2007, 07:09 AM
GMC:er
Ahhh....I'm so irritated at the moment.
I was browsing around on Souq.com (Dubai's equivalent of Ebay) and I see an Ibanez RG370DX....the very guitar that was stolen from me 3 years ago when playing a gig with my Ska band, The Sparkplugs. That guitar was my first "good" guitar, and I wanted an Ibanez ever since I started playing. I waited three years for that guitar.
AHHHH! So frustrating...but then, my story is nothing compared to what's going on with Strung Out right now...http://www.strungout.com/news.php
Have any of you guys had your stuff stolen?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Dec 17 2007, 07:10 AM
From: Pass Christian, MS (10 minutes from Maximus's house)
whoa...... that sucks.... how much is the price?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"You don't play the guitar, You play the music"

MY GEAR:

Greg Bennett Avion
Alvarez MF 60C
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effects Pedal

GO SSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Dec 17 2007, 08:24 AM
umm...1000 dirhams, which is approx 250 euros I think....

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 17 2007, 08:42 AM
Instructor
That's really bad sad.gif

I got robbed once too,my whole pedal case,around 800 euros damage..

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 17 2007, 09:33 AM
Omg! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Davide
Dec 17 2007, 09:38 AM
That´s a sad story, my shecter diamond C7 was stolen too (was only 1 week old) so I know how it feels mad.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 17 2007, 10:12 AM
Instructor
How did you guys got your gear stolen? All of you got robbed after gigs?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Davide
Dec 17 2007, 10:21 AM
my guitar was stolen before the gig even starts and it was my only 7string. We did build up the set in the pub one day before the gig and when I came back for the gig my guitar wasn´t there anymore. The pub owner apologies a few times but I´ve never saw my guitar anymore sad.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 17 2007, 11:23 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I had my gig bag stolen many years ago, I was on my way to rehearsal and was busting for the loo so stopped in some services quickly (stupid really looking back) I had my guitar and amp in the boot of the car and my gig bag was behind the driver seat, I was gone literally 5 mins, when I came back my car had been broken in to in that time they`d managed to rip out the car stereo and had taken my gig bag with all my pedals, leads etc, fortunalty they hadnt gone into the boot!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 17 2007, 11:42 AM
Instructor
Maaaan that sucks! Should be extra careful with the gear....it's unbelievable how cheap people are - stealing pedals....

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 17 2007, 11:51 AM
Instructor
Nothing stolen here, athoguh I regurarly leave it unattended on gigs. I hope that you got your gear back, cause that really sucks... sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Dec 17 2007, 11:55 AM
Back in California, someone somehow got into the band room at my school sometime at night (that's a lot of somes... laugh.gif) and got away with a Marshall stack, a wah-wah pedal, all kinds of stuff! It was both the school's gear and some students', it was pretty bad.

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Dec 17 2007, 11:55 AM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 17 2007, 11:57 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Paul Coutts @ Dec 17 2007, 07:09 AM) *
I was browsing around on Souq.com (Dubai's equivalent of Ebay) and I see an Ibanez RG370DX....the very guitar that was stolen from me 3 years ago when playing a gig with my Ska band, The Sparkplugs. That guitar was my first "good" guitar, and I wanted an Ibanez ever since I started playing. I waited three years for that guitar.
AHHHH! So frustrating...but then, my story is nothing compared to what's going on with Strung Out right now...http://www.strungout.com/news.php

How ironic if it were the guys who got their bicycle tires slashed by the sound guy that stole strungout's van. mellow.gif

And that really sucks about your guitar... I'm guessing you're rather ...upset.., I know I would be.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 17 2007, 01:12 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 17 2007, 10:42 AM) *
Maaaan that sucks! Should be extra careful with the gear....it's unbelievable how cheap people are - stealing pedals....

I`ve learnt my lesson, I make sure I go to the loo before I leave now laugh.gif laugh.gif

dont realise how precious any of your gear is until its gone sad.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 17 2007, 08:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 17 2007, 10:12 AM) *
How did you guys got your gear stolen? All of you got robbed after gigs?

Not right after,maybe in day or two.
Anyhow,I left case in trunk of my car,
band's van came to pick all gear for other gig,
I opened trunk and...paf ohmy.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 17 2007, 08:13 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Paul Coutts @ Dec 17 2007, 06:09 AM) *

When you say the very guitar you had stolen, is the one on ebay your exact one? or just the same model guitar. If it is the one you had stolen perhaps you could report it to the website or authorities or something? smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 18 2007, 01:36 AM
Learning Roadie
i had my gear stolen at my second ever gig! just bought a new guitar 2 weeks beforehand (it was only £85 but sounded brilliant).
i had that stolen, a fender strat (mexican), my gig bag with lyrics/leads/a couple of pedals in.

what makes it worse was that the gig was for charity... someone stole over £500 worth of gear from my second ever gig, which was a charity gig in which we made around £300.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
stratman33
Dec 19 2007, 12:02 AM
(this may sound weird)but right now i sort of wish my gear got stolen, so then id have an excuse for my parents to get a new guitar.they wont let me get a new one, and ive had my first guitar for 2.5 years now!!(its a sucky LP junior, and im only 13 btw, so dont go thinkin im creepy lol)grr dry.gif

This post has been edited by stratman33: Dec 19 2007, 12:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 19 2007, 12:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Dec 19 2007, 12:02 AM) *
(this may sound weird)but right now i sort of wish my gear got stolen, so then id have an excuse for my parents to get a new guitar.they wont let me get a new one, and ive had my first guitar for 2.5 years now!!(its a sucky LP junior, and im only 13 btw, so dont go thinkin im creepy lol)grr dry.gif

Ahhh,kids laugh.gif Joking wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 19 2007, 12:18 AM
Learning Roadie
just tell them youll sell your LP junior if they put the rest of the money towards an epiphone LP or an ibanez or summit.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:38 PM