Guitar And Keyboard To Pc?
Chres
Feb 10 2009, 09:35 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys.

I would like to be able to record the music, that I play on my guitar, on my computer.

I have a Roland Cube 60 Amp with a Recording Out Jack cable option.

But which stuff like cables and transformers do I need?

Also, I have a keyboard with a Midi out port, which stuff would I need to hock it to my PC?

- Chres

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
sted
Feb 10 2009, 09:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Check out the Line 6 UX2 mate, there is a review on here somewhere i think, maybe in the wiki section?

It has 2 1/4" jack inputs, 2 mic inputs and 2 line level inputs, it also comes with Ableton lite recording software and POD farm which is much better suited to recording onto computer than gearbox in my opinion, the whole bundle is about 140 stirling (whatever that is in euros!) and it is really good value.

this is the link, hoe you find it useful http://line6.com/toneportux2/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chres
Feb 10 2009, 10:02 PM
GMC:er
Yea, it's something like that I'm looking for, but it is to expensive xD

I am looking for something which costs about 50-80 EUR / 60-100 USD

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 10 2009, 10:46 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Look for a sound interface (connect to your computer vis USB or firewire) where you can connect your guitar and which has MIDI in.
Then you're good to go and that should last you a while.
Just browse sound interfaces within your price range and see what you come up with.

F.ex http://www.thomann.de/se/terratec_phase_26_usb_se.htm is the cheapest one I found, if you spend time searching you may find others.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Feb 10 2009, 10:51 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 11 2009, 01:04 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Chres @ Feb 10 2009, 10:02 PM) *
Yea, it's something like that I'm looking for, but it is to expensive xD

I am looking for something which costs about 50-80 EUR / 60-100 USD

Maybe Toneport GX then ?? (Its called POD studio GX now)..? You can record your amp (or used devices own amp simulations)...With proper adapter you can hook up Mic too for vocals..You can go from your keyboard output directly to GX..It will allow for very good quality recordings on your PC and its not expensive...Only thing is that it doesen't have midi input for recording midi from the keyboard...You can capture keyboard sound via normal "guitar" cable though..If its not just a midi keyboard..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2009, 02:17 AM
Instructor
Toneport GX or Toneport UX1 (Newer models are now called "POD Studio" instead of "Toneport") are good enough. Choose UX1 if you wanna record guitar+mic, or GX if you wanna record only guitar.

Also I think Gearbox is just as good as POD Farm, if not better, because Gearbox has simpler interface, the same modeling engine, metronome and player, and tone library. Also choosing a preset is a lot simpler and faster then in POD Farm.

Toneport GX Wiki Article

Toneport UX1 Wiki article

If you cannot buy any of these, you can still install Reaper DAW (it's free), and use your sound card. What sound card do you have btw?? You will need a cable for connecting the Line Out from Cube Amp to the Line In of your sound card. It is best to use a balanced cable here.

Regarding the MIDI keyboard that you have, you can buy a cheap MIDI to USB interface and use your keyboard to send MIDI signals via the interface. Here's a cheap one from EMU:

Emu XMIDI 1x1 USB MIDI Interface

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Feb 11 2009, 02:17 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:06 PM