3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
What You're Gaming Now?
Todd Simpson
Dec 22 2020, 03:31 AM
GMC:er
I thought I'd make a thread about WHAT VIDEO GAMES folks are playing right now. smile.gif I wanted to share my thoughts on

ASSASINS CREED VALHALLA

Verdict: I HATED IT. It's the same game as always, but this time with vikings. Yup, if you LOVE these A.C. games, then you will probably love this one. It's more of the same. Feels more like a DLC re-skin than a new game to behonest. Also, the combat mechanics are just a bit boring imho. What's worse, it's the usual endless series of fetch quests. Uggh. I found it tedious and tiresome. Worse, it's buggy. Very buggy. If you LOVE this game, this series, etc. please do not take any offense to my thoughts on it. It's just not for me. On a positive note, I LOVED the music. Some of the best folks in norse music were involved in the soundtrack. I'm sure wads of folks think this is the best creed ever.

ANY GAME SUGGESTIONS?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 22 2020, 03:38 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 22 2020, 07:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
I was playing Cyberpunk 2077 for a bit, and I enjoyed it, but all the drama surrounding it has put me off of it quite a bit now.

Might be time to go back to Minecraft for a bit for me soon. I haven't played much of that for almost a year now, but I'm starting to feel like playing it again.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 22 2020, 09:35 PM
I have heard so many folks saying how buggy cyberpunk is. Almost like they released it to early just to hit the xmas purchase window. Hopefully they will patch it soon. I'll be playing on PS4 and it should arrive soon. I'm looking forward to it but I do hope the patch is available soon. Thanks for sharing!!

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 22 2020, 02:03 AM) *
I was playing Cyberpunk 2077 for a bit, and I enjoyed it, but all the drama surrounding it has put me off of it quite a bit now.

Might be time to go back to Minecraft for a bit for me soon. I haven't played much of that for almost a year now, but I'm starting to feel like playing it again.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2021, 05:22 AM
I"m really digging CYBERPUNK2077. It's the most fun I've had in a game in ages. It's still pretty buggy though and it seems like they released it before it was done, but honestly, that just adds to the cyberpunk sort of vibe imho. It's a hugely expansive game and keanu reeves from the matrix is a sort of digital ghost who gets stuffed in to your brain. You play as him for part of the story and then as yourself again. It's very fun. It's not just a "shooter", it's got elements of wads of different games wrapped in to one experience. Stealth, driving, strategy, combat, etc. I can see why there is so much hype around this game. It's a ground breaking bit of fun.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2021, 07:18 AM
GOOGLE STADIA was going to be the way for everyone to play games without the need for a pricey gaming computer or pricey gaming platform like Xbox/Playstation. basically any game would work over a web browser. The idea was to off load all of the computing to the google cloud. Essentially, unlimited gaming power on tap to anyone. It sounded almost too good to be true. It was a big deal in the gaming community and I too was stoked about it.

Imagine, playing any game on any computer or mobile device. It would put gaming consoles out of business and open up gaming for pretty much everyone. All you need is a somewhat fast internet connection. Then bam. A blog post shows up stating that STADIA GAMES was shutting down.

The thing is, STADIA as a service is still alive. It's just that google fired teh 150 developers it had hired to make games and make other games work on the platform. So, "cloud gaming" is still alive at google. It's just unclear what that means and if we will be able to take advantage of it. Lame.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 12 2021, 07:02 PM
Learning Roadie
I've got back into 7 days to die. Its been in development for years, some bits are still a little clunky but I enjoy it

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2021, 05:03 AM
This one? It's a Battle Royale game?

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 12 2021, 02:02 PM) *
I've got back into 7 days to die. Its been in development for years, some bits are still a little clunky but I enjoy it

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 13 2021, 05:04 AM

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 14 2021, 05:45 PM
Since I got my new PC I have downloaded gta 5 and fallout 4. Being trying to learn to game with the keyboard and mouse. Not a easy task laugh.gif Feel like its my first time ever playing a game. Multiple times a have being driving around on gta5 doing a mission and mistakenly press exit car key.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 15 2021, 01:40 AM
Going in for NG+ cool.gif

Since I got my new PC I have downloaded gta 5 and fallout 4. Being trying to learn to game with the keyboard and mouse. Not a easy task laugh.gif Feel like its my first time ever playing a game. Multiple times a have being driving around on gta5 doing a mission and mistakenly press exit car key.

How you enjoying fallout 4? I played for a bit and spent like the first 4 hours just building around Sanctuary.
But tbh I enjoyed New vegas way more.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 15 2021, 01:41 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 15 2021, 02:32 AM
I'm currently playing CALL OF DUTY COLD WAR (which I am enjoying as campaign mode, and zombies mode) if you like call of duty, you'll probably like this one. So far the campaign is one of the better ones in several releases imho. Worth a rental for campaign. You'd have to buy though if you wanted to do lots of PVP.

also, GHOSTS OF TSUSHIMA which is a samurai open world game is wads of fun so far. It feels a lot like what the last Assasins Creed should have been. More fun, less endless fetch quests. : )Also worth a rental. Sadly, from what I gather most folks don't seem to have game rental in their countries. Gamefly.com for example is U.S. only which is too bad. I hope they expand.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 15 2021, 02:32 AM

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 15 2021, 07:14 PM
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Mar 15 2021, 12:40 AM) *
Going in for NG+ cool.gif

How you enjoying fallout 4? I played for a bit and spent like the first 4 hours just building around Sanctuary.
But tbh I enjoyed New vegas way more.

Yeah a think its ok. Definitely agree that New Vegas was the best

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 27 2021, 02:21 AM
Really looking foward!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 27 2021, 05:38 AM
I can't wait to try it. It's in my gamefly que. Looks very spiff!

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Mar 26 2021, 09:21 PM) *
Really looking foward!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 29 2021, 06:35 AM
The work of the day is finally done and I'm off to try a new game that just came in. Here is the game trailer.

UPDATE: Egad this game is a bit crap. Looks about 10 years out of date, slow terrible dialogue bits that you can't skip, repetitive, boring, tedious. The only game I found this "un fun" was AC Valhalla

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 29 2021, 09:24 AM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 30 2021, 03:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Phil is spending too much time playing Candy Crush and not enough time practising laugh.gif

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 30 2021, 08:47 PM
PHIL step away from the candy Crush!!!! smile.gif One thing I've learned is to put a game down if it's lame. Back in the day I would play a game all the way through before deciding if I liked it. I just don't have the patience for that anymore. Werewolf is a great example. I got maybe 10 minutes in to and it was just not fun. So I pulled it and sent it back. Next!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 30 2021, 10:29 AM) *
Phil is spending too much time playing Candy Crush and not enough time practising laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 11 2021, 12:12 AM
This is the first game I'm actually stoked about that I've seen in a while. i saw 7th season of fortnite is coming but I just can't stand the respawn lag in battle royale games. It amazes me that they have gotten so big. I dig call of duty, even on a phone it's fun, but it will let you just respawn when you die. I did notice that now many battle royale games are not making you wait until the very end when everyone is dead which is a huge great change imho. though all the death match games now seem to want to be battle royale games. Such is life wink.gif

** BATTLEFIELD 2042 won't have a campaign or battle royale mode. I gotta say how lame it is to not have a campaign but at least no battle royale smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 11 2021, 12:21 AM

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Jun 11 2021, 12:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm currently at the end of Resident Evil Village and it's been a blast. I really enjoyed Biohazard so it's no surprise. Before that it was Cyberpunk and Desperados 3. Next I think I'm going to start up Nioh 2 which I picked up on a sale and has been collecting dust.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 14 2021, 02:49 AM
I am still playing cyberpunk as its just a huge game. I do get annoyed by all the glitches but it's a big deep game and so many games have just abandoned doing a campaign of any kind so I'm enjoying it while I can smile.gif I did LOVE the entire BIOHAZARD series. The last one and first one were my faves. I"m using gamefly.com which is sadly only in the states but they send you a game or two to play as a rental and you just send it back when done which let's me play wads of games. I hope a similar service appears in europe. if I like something, i go ahead and buy it as a used game and just keep it.

QUOTE (FreePizza @ Jun 10 2021, 07:43 PM) *
I'm currently at the end of Resident Evil Village and it's been a blast. I really enjoyed Biohazard so it's no surprise. Before that it was Cyberpunk and Desperados 3. Next I think I'm going to start up Nioh 2 which I picked up on a sale and has been collecting dust.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:24 PM