Short amp/tone test thing
sanders4617
Dec 4 2006, 08:19 PM
GMC:er
Ok. I decided to try and do the Line-Out on my amp into the computer to see if the tone was anything like it was coming out of the amp.

http://www.sandersguitar.net/guitar/lenny_quick.mp3
if that link doesn't work... try this one
http://209.85.32.12/~rsanders/guitar/lenny_quick.mp3

Would you guys let me know how the tone sounds? I was going for a SLIGHT dirty sound (very very slight) and some reverb. Sounds great coming out of the amp, but I have never tried this before.

Excuse the playing at the end.. messy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sanders4617: Dec 5 2006, 06:41 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Esox Lucius
Dec 4 2006, 08:54 PM
That sound very nice!

Line out works nice! I used for my recording (stevie-ray style)

Is that by any chance inspired by SRV - Lenny??

U got nice feeling and bluesy licks biggrin.gif

To qoute Neil Young - "keep on rockin in the free world" biggrin.gif:D

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution :)

Keep on rockin' in the free world!!!

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Dec 4 2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks... Well, the song is. =D The licks.. not so much. The licks are just what feels right to me in that kind of song. I don't know many licks that I can just play 1 by 1 for you.. most of the stuff just comes out during the improvisation. Some of the playing is actually inspired more by John Mayer.

This post has been edited by sanders4617: Dec 4 2006, 09:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Esox Lucius
Dec 4 2006, 09:21 PM
I like the licks smile.gif

Is there any chance you can put out a TAB here?

Rock on

--------------------

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Dec 4 2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah I think so.. I have class in a little bit so it will be later tonight probably. Might not be 100% accurate, cause I am not too good at tabbing.. but I will try. I can say that its out of D Minor Pent, and D Major Pent.. so you could noodle around and figure out some of them before I get the tab finished.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 5 2006, 01:41 PM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif Awesome!

This is what our forum should be about - guitarists giving each other constructive feedback and exchanging ideas. I'm thrilled! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Dec 5 2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks. I havn't been able to tab anything out yet.. but some reason my link isn't working. I paid the bill, so hopefully they are just having some minor issues. BTW, I said DMin and DMaj earlier... that is wrong. I wasn't thinking.. It is actually EMaj and EMin. =D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Esox Lucius
Dec 5 2006, 07:17 PM
I'll give it a go tongue.gif Can't miss to much as I at least know the right key tongue.gif

Yeah Kris, I love the site. Too bad that I am going to the winterland and don't know how often I will be able to check Internet... but I'll be back in may anyway biggrin.gif

Keep on rockin biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Dec 6 2006, 10:48 AM
I just love that tone. Perfect for the blooooozzzz.

For me, the tone that a setup outputs is really important in motivating me to play.

If I dont get the right tone, I am not happy with how well I play, I just dont hear it right unless it sounds right.

Does anyone else feel this way?

The pursuit of Tone takes up far too much of my time. I just want to turn a dial and there it is - unfortunatly it does not seem to work that way ...lol

Sanders - that tone is pure magic - sounds incredible to me.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Dec 6 2006, 06:20 PM
Awesome! Very nice quality! So clean! nice licks. This is the record setup that I use..."rec out" from the PA system to "Line In" on the sound card of the computer.

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Dec 6 2006, 06:53 PM
The setup that I use is usually my guitar into my effects pedal, then into the microphone port on my computer.

This setup was nearly the same... Except I plugged my guitar into the amp, then the amp into the effects pedal (on bypass).

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:31 PM