Usb Audio Interface
spacebran
Jan 7 2012, 06:10 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a USB audio interface so I can play around with some software and do some recording. I didn't want to spend a ton of money and felt like I got a pretty decent deal with the CI1 by Steinberg. It seemed like a good entry level box and I didn't want to spend a lot of time looking around.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/hardw.../ci1_start.html.

Now for my question. I'm using Guitar Rig 5 and I can't get it to output to my computer speakers. I can use my amp by using one of the line outs on the box. I know that I can use a direct connection from the line out to my speakers, but I don't really want to do that.

Before I bought the box, I tried Guitar Rig by using a direct connection to my computer's soundcard and selecting the ASIO driver as the device and setting the outputs to my soundcard in order to use my speakers as the output. If I now select my USB audio interface, the only outputs I can select are the line outs on the box.

I've messed around a lot with my computer's 'sound' settings as well (Realtek HD Audio Manager).

Let me know if you need more information to help me.

Thanks! (And a special thanks to Ben Higgins for the help the other day!)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:57 PM