4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Paul Gilbert Sweeps With His Teeth!
mattacuk
Nov 10 2007, 08:14 PM
Lets go fishing!
I cannot belive this ! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPfhjEmRVUM

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Nov 10 2007, 08:17 PM
GMC:er
Holy crap batman! Thats a neat party trick! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 10 2007, 08:26 PM
I think this is hard evidence which proves that Paul Gilbert may indeed be the devil.

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 10 2007, 08:28 PM
I can do that.

Tis easy tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Woah ohmy.gif

The concensus on YouTube seems to be that it is a loop pedal however.

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 10 2007, 08:30 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 10 2007, 08:31 PM
GUYS. Dont you see it? mad.gif

I swear to god.....

he looks almost exactly like Christian Bale....

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 10 2007, 08:34 PM
Lets go fishing!
Well whatever it is hes still pretty cool! biggrin.gif

p.s. spider i love your picture, very "Rock 'n' Roll" wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 10 2007, 08:37 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 10 2007, 11:34 AM) *
Well whatever it is hes still pretty cool! biggrin.gif

p.s. spider i love your picture, very "Rock 'n' Roll" wink.gif

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 10 2007, 08:37 PM
Lets go fishing!
Here is another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSso37ce534

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 10 2007, 08:39 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 10 2007, 11:37 AM) *

oh jeeze. ok

I'm thinking he either fakes it and just hammers on those notes (lord knows he can do that np)

or he's actually doing it, and maybe using his tongue?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 10 2007, 08:40 PM
Lets go fishing!
I cant imagine paul the type to ever fake anything ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 10 2007, 08:41 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 10 2007, 11:40 AM) *
I cant imagine paul the type to ever fake anything ! smile.gif

thats what she said wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 10 2007, 09:14 PM
Instructor
Looks like he's playing the whole part from some sort of recorder sad.gif blink.gif can't believe...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 10 2007, 09:18 PM
Instructor
The thing is - they never show it from his side of guitar so you can't see what he is actually doing. The same thing goes for Vai, he's playing that "tongue" slides but in fact what he does is use his Whammy Pedal to do that sound - he said it himself. It's just for the show - it has nothing to do with actual playing.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 10 2007, 09:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 10 2007, 09:18 PM) *
The thing is - they never show it from his side of guitar so you can't see what he is actually doing. The same thing goes for Vai, he's playing that "tongue" slides but in fact what he does is use his Whammy Pedal to do that sound - he said it himself. It's just for the show - it has nothing to do with actual playing.

Yeah.plus Vai hits the small switch to add custom sustainer so the note lasts an eternity...
Another trick and to be honest,I don't like this from players like Vai or Gilbert.
Of course there are people in the crowd waiting for the magic but...music is the magic. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 10 2007, 09:55 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Its all just for a good show, no harm done to anyone, and you get to see Vai lick guitar strings and shred, whats can be better? ")

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 10 2007, 10:11 PM
Instructor
It's incredible !!! hehehe, I supose he uses his tongue (I try to use my teeth but it's imposible XD) but I'm very surprise because his sound is clean and prefect...

I love those tricks tongue.gif

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 10 2007, 10:19 PM
Think I read somewhere that he said it was a trick.

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Nov 10 2007, 10:25 PM
Instructor
It's definitally a tricx. He's just jocking. He even asks his friend to press the button of his loop pedal. He recorded the lick before on his pedal...

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 10 2007, 10:28 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Nov 10 2007, 09:25 PM) *
It's definitally a tricx. He's just jocking. He even asks his friend to press the button of his loop pedal. He recorded the lick before on his pedal...

Well paul is definatly a joker! still, everyone looks like there haveing alot of fun!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 10 2007, 10:29 PM
Instructor
hehe, I use a similar trick with my GT8 hehe, there is an efect called AUTORIFF, you write the scale and only playing a note the pedal gives you the melody tongue.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:53 AM