2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Wow, Just Wow., Should have done this a long time ago
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 22 2009, 01:30 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Ryan @ Feb 21 2009, 11:52 PM) *
Man, I never took my new guitar in. Im gonna do that soon. I didnt think that you needed to since, well you know it was "new".

Better guitars usually get better setup at the factory.But then they travel a lot to the actual store so they lose much of the factory setup values while bumping in the back of UPS truck.Some stores do the setup free when you buy the guitar...They put new strings when doing the setup , do all sorts of tweaking and intonation - you just tell them your preferences like "I want lowest action possible etc"...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aleksander Sukov...
Feb 24 2009, 11:11 AM
Instructor
A good set-up is very important for a player. It should be done at least once or twice a year. The temperature changes when seasons change can make the neck contort, so it should be adjusted. The string action, the octave pitch adjustment, the wang-bar angle (if your guitar has one), the pickup height, the frets should be leveled once in a while to reduce the 'twanging' sound and allow you to adjust the strings to a lower action, but if your guitar has a wang-bar the set-up should be done more frequently. These are just a few basic things you do when you set-up your axe. I believe anyone can do this (except the fret leveling). smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Aleksander Sukovic: Feb 24 2009, 11:16 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 24 2009, 06:58 PM
Jazz Instructor
I also have high actions, you gave hope that it can really be fixed:)
What about the buzz when your strings are to low?

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 24 2009, 07:00 PM
Lets go fishing!

My Ibanez PGM301 has only received a factory setup and although I cant find any fault with it I would like a pro tech to set it up for me. Sadly there are non in my area so im a bit stuffed for choice! sad.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:57 PM