Boson's February Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Feb 7 2010, 08:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Tony,

We continue now with our work for February. For first 2 assignments I have decided to continue with superimposing with minor pentatonics only this time you will have to read the thread about major chords and record some superimposing with minor pentatonics over major type chords.

Here is your 1st and 2nd assignment

1st assignment :

- Read Superimposing with Minor Pentatonics over Major type chords post HERE
- After reading the whole thing with related link posts, think about choosing one chord and one approach you will use for recording!

2nd assignment :

- After you have chosen your approach, record a backing track with that chord and on top of that record yourself soloing with 1 or all 3 minor pentatonics corresponding with that mode!

Let me give you an example here. Lets say that you have chosen C major as your chord. Now you also chose C major to be treated as I (Ionian sounding). In that case you should play minor pentatonics from C major scale ( D ,E and A minor pentatonics) over C major chord in the background. 4th assignment asks you only to pick 1 but it also allows you to use all 3 pentatonics if you want to.
Backing track doesn't have to be anything fancy for this purpose. Just guitar playing the chord will do, if you want to add bass and drums to that to make it sound tighter go ahead!

Deadline for first two assignments is 14th of February.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Boson
Feb 21 2010, 12:01 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Pedja

Sorrry I have not been very activefor the lastcple of weeks, but as you know other things have been happening that are more important than guitar.

I will do my best to do all assgnments.

Im dissapointed hat MTP has to take a break for us, the guys in your group have all I think worked hrad for the last three months.

Glad to see that you are feeling better.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 21 2010, 06:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Boson @ Feb 20 2010, 06:01 PM) *
Hi Pedja

Sorrry I have not been very activefor the lastcple of weeks, but as you know other things have been happening that are more important than guitar.

Im dissapointed hat MTP has to take a break for us, the guys in your group have all I think worked hrad for the last three months.

Hey Tony
I know it kind of sucks that you have to take a break with PJ and the MTP right now. sad.gif I have been watching your progress and if you still want some advice or feedback in regards to you playing I'm willing to help. smile.gif

No pressure bro, just let me know. I'm still here biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Boson
Feb 21 2010, 01:39 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 21 2010, 06:33 AM) *
Hey Tony
I know it kind of sucks that you have to take a break with PJ and the MTP right now. sad.gif I have been watching your progress and if you still want some advice or feedback in regards to you playing I'm willing to help. smile.gif

No pressure bro, just let me know. I'm still here biggrin.gif

Hey Jeff thats great, I appreciate the offer.

Soon as I gt through my last couple of assignments I will be in touch.

Best wishes

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 21 2010, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Boson @ Feb 21 2010, 12:01 AM) *
Hi Pedja

Hi Tony,

I totally understand your situation and this is why I haven't put any pressure of you regarding assignments. If you get the chance please complete them.
It is very disappointing news that we have to stop in March with work. I am not sure how many new members will apply to study with me which could very well mean that I will be without any students to mentor. I don't see how this system will work out but lets wait until sign up period is over, hopefully they will figure out another way by then.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:59 PM