2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Boss Gt 10 Vs Line 6
Vasilis
Aug 9 2008, 03:56 PM
GMC:er
Ok so my question is simple, which one do YOU think is better Boss gt 10 or line 6 pod xt.

So far I've been playing with a pod xt but in a few hours the guy who owns it will come and get biggrin.gif it so I'll be with no multi effects

Generally I'm like the L6 except for a few issues.
1) I don't feel comfortable playing heavy stuff with it even though it has great lead sounds I just cant find a nice heavy setting (and by that I mean in the style of Lamb of God, Symphony X, Pantera etc)
2) I don't really like the expression pedal
3) Gt 10 has many more features like loop, harmonizer better wah etc The thing is that I've never tested a gt 10 only what I've seen in youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCQ8f1gG610
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upyDsGyceX8...feature=related

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 9 2008, 04:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
You know exactly what you want from the pedal so there is no better choice than comparing both of them in a music store. You will know which one suits you better and to my mind this is worth even a longer trip to the next big music store...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 9 2008, 04:28 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Definitely go to the store and test both units..Even just boss if they don't have the line6 smile.gif I don't know from things I heard I would go with Boss unit.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Vasilis
Aug 9 2008, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 9 2008, 06:28 PM) *
Definitely go to the store and test both units..Even just boss if they don't have the line6 smile.gif I don't know from things I heard I would go with Boss unit.. wink.gif

I think I must agree. Up till now Boss has won me. I just hoped that someone from the GMC community might own the unit so he can tell me an opinion.

Oh and testing it in a music store here in Greece(Athens) ain't that easy.People here are really rude mad.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 9 2008, 05:55 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I own the Boss GT-10 and it is awesome smile.gif

I tested that and a few Line6 Models, but ended up on the GT-10 in the end.
It was just better smile.gif

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 9 2008, 06:16 PM
So you can use the Gt as recording gear also, like X3 Live or sum????

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 9 2008, 06:21 PM
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Aug 9 2008, 07:16 PM) *

Well, I've never actually tried.. I just plug it in my soundcard and pick Line-out for outputs.
then it sounds like heaven tongue.gif

But it's got a USB connection so I guess you could, but I'm not really sure as I said smile.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Aug 9 2008, 07:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Aug 9 2008, 07:16 PM) *

You can do the same things with the GT as the X3 or any other pods.

I've always preferred the BOSS GT-boards, so boss gets my vote as well smile.gif

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Aug 9 2008, 07:09 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 9 2008, 07:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Vasilis @ Aug 9 2008, 06:35 PM) *
Oh and testing it in a music store here in Greece(Athens) ain't that easy.People here are really rude mad.gif

Sorry to hear that... sad.gif But you may try it anyway , they must let you try out the unit before you buy it...

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Aug 9 2008, 07:23 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 9 2008, 08:16 PM
QUOTE (Vasilis @ Aug 9 2008, 04:56 PM) *
Ok so my question is simple, which one do YOU think is better Boss gt 10 or line 6 pod xt.

So far I've been playing with a pod xt but in a few hours the guy who owns it will come and get biggrin.gif it so I'll be with no multi effects

Generally I'm like the L6 except for a few issues.
1) I don't feel comfortable playing heavy stuff with it even though it has great lead sounds I just cant find a nice heavy setting (and by that I mean in the style of Lamb of God, Symphony X, Pantera etc)
2) I don't really like the expression pedal
3) Gt 10 has many more features like loop, harmonizer better wah etc The thing is that I've never tested a gt 10 only what I've seen in youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCQ8f1gG610
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upyDsGyceX8...feature=related

BY FAR boss gt10, because it's not just a preamp, it can also be used with a real amp in gigs!!!
Do not hesitate.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 9 2008, 09:14 PM
Instructor
For recording I would get the Pod, but for gigging the Boss would be better in my opinion smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 9 2008, 09:22 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Aug 9 2008, 10:14 PM) *
For recording I would get the Pod, but for gigging the Boss would be better in my opinion smile.gif

I'd say the GT-10 is just as good for recording as the Pod, as you can dial in the sounds specifically for Line-out or use the USB for recording..

Not saying the Pod isn't any good, I just find the GT-10 to be better smile.gif

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 9 2008, 11:52 PM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 9 2008, 10:22 PM) *
I'd say the GT-10 is just as good for recording as the Pod, as you can dial in the sounds specifically for Line-out or use the USB for recording..

Not saying the Pod isn't any good, I just find the GT-10 to be better smile.gif

POD's great, but GT10 is great+versatile.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 10 2008, 12:36 AM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Aug 10 2008, 12:52 AM) *
POD's great, but GT10 is great+versatile.

Pretty much so smile.gif

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 10 2008, 11:58 AM
OK, I'm getting one for myself smile.gif I originally was going for the POD X3, but they cost the same, and the GT-10 just looks more versatile.....

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 10 2008, 03:24 PM
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Aug 10 2008, 12:58 PM) *
OK, I'm getting one for myself smile.gif I originally was going for the POD X3, but they cost the same, and the GT-10 just looks more versatile.....

Cool smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilis
Aug 10 2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks guys,im really happy we all agree about boss. I am definitely going to buy it and hopefully write a review about it
in the near future

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 10 2008, 11:55 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Both must be great, will be looking forward for that review!, Boss stuff is usually top notch.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 11 2008, 08:21 AM
Cool, tell us what you think once you get it smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 11 2008, 08:40 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'm for the POD X3 Live. I compared the two quite a bit (on paper) before getting the X3 before the GT-10 came out.
Editing looks pretty much the same except for that Boss got the tone wizard but I find the Line6 gear box to be like the real thing, visual and easy to understand.

The things I hold high with the X3 is the dual tones. Way superior to anything I heard before, like playing to rigs at the same time, pan them L and R and you got such fullness. And the possibility to record vocals with useful effects and bass is great for someone looking for the complete soundinterface.

And what's said about the Boss recording through USB, same goes for the POD X3. Also got a stereo effects loop like tha Boss (I think Boss has that).

It's got XLR (for mic) input
Balanced XLR outputs
And it's got this small 1/8" input for an mp3 player (or computer) or similar for jamming along.

Easy to access EQ knobs, Volume and Gain. Just what you'd find on an amp so it's easy to adjust the sound with these knobs. Just like on an amp.

And if I never mentioned it, I've got the POD X3 Live and couldn't be happier. wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:17 AM