Guitar Noise
boy_sets_fire7
Jan 14 2008, 04:14 PM
GMC:er
hi there,
i `ve got a problem with one of my guitars. everytime i play some shred stuff the E and A string make noise. of course i try to mute these with my righthand but its hard for example when i play on the b and e string. its only on one of my guitars, on the other ones i can play clean. is it possible that my bridge pickup make this noise? because i have this guitar from my friend and he changed the pickuprings and the brigde pickupring is now higher than the original one on this position. help me please! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2008, 08:48 PM
Instructor
Well, what kind of noise it is?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 14 2008, 08:49 PM
Instructor
Might be pickup so it gets too much of signal now.
OR it is bridge so the strings are too low and hitting fretboard?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
boy_sets_fire7
Jan 16 2008, 03:06 PM
well the E and A string are ringing all the time i dont know why. i play for example on the b string and mute the G and D string with mit right hand but the E and A string are ringing too. so the high of the strings are fine, so the doesn`t hit the fretboard. so when i put something on the strings on the first or second frets everything its fine. the brigde pickup is really low.. with this pickuprings but as i said the pickuprings are much higher than the first ones. any help?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 17 2008, 01:59 PM
Instructor
I didn't quite understand you there m8. Can you write it more clearly please?

As far as I understood your E and A are ringing because you are not muting them right? If so this is normal. You should mute all the strings that are not ringing at that time.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
drw84215
Jan 17 2008, 07:13 PM
is your pickup to high? sometimes pickups are to close to the strings and cause them to move because of the magnetic waves. common problem. try lowering the pickup.

hope i could help

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:20 AM