2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Why You Should Quit Your Band
miguelbatalha
Feb 6 2014, 05:21 PM
GMC:er
So, should I move to LA or Nashville? tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 6 2014, 06:36 PM
GMC:er
Austin.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Feb 6 2014, 09:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 7 2014, 03:11 AM) *
Re-align your 'interests'.
1) you never know what you might get interested in.
2) you'll get better faster.
3) even if it's not your most favorite type of music, the fun and exhilaration you'll have playing with actual living and breathing humans is beyond description.
I've been doing it since I was 11 years old and the feeling is still the same.

Thanks Ken smile.gif I'm fully aware of this, and I have been exposing myself to different styles of music, in order to increase my versatility as a musician.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2014, 09:31 AM
Instructor
All great advice from everyone here! Seasoned players know that playing live is the actual magic smile.gif

I think I said this before, but playing home you can get very close to reaching 100% of your capabilities. At the rehearsal room, you can get close to about 75-80% and on stage... well...there are moments in which you wonder why you practiced so much, when you made so many mistakes? That's NOT IT smile.gif Once you get rid of all the negative thoughts, the stage becomes a playground in which you might sometimes trip, fall, hurt yourself and whatnot... but the fun will always be there and all the good things that come with it.

People should understand that there is no perfect concert and that's not something that defines how good you really are. Of course that doesn't mean you have to stop practicing because you'll suck anyway. I am just trying to say that the more you learn to enjoy the whole experience, the better you will become and with comfort comes performance smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:47 PM