The #1 Guitarist, (almost)no one likes
J.E.
Nov 11 2008, 11:35 PM
GMC:er
Well i have tried make a poll and a topic about Jimmie Vaughan and im kinda stuck in that position where i dont know if i should listen to him or not, because everyone seems to drag him down. I dont know if he is what all mothers say to their kids when their hanging out with the wrong persons a so called bad influence that will "disable" my playing. Its just so confusing are we ignorant or is Jimmie Vaughan bad at playing? Since almost everyone "dislikes" him im starting to get the feeling i shouldnt either sad.gif I easily get confused when it comes to what to listen to and learn from, like today i can say i like 50's jump blues and tomorrow i like modern blues or today i like Hendrix tomorrow he would be boring so i just listen to gary moore and the next day again i find out that Hendrix wasnt that bad. Is it a normal thing to swing back and forth like that? The first blues guitarist i "fell in love" with was SRV when i picked up the "el Mocambo" dvd it gave me a burst of inspiration and i just started loving his music, loaned a couple of cds from my dad bought, bought some dvds and after a while i got bored. Up to know i have been dragging SRV down and calling his music "mindless phrasing" (this is a previous statement not current!) Suddenly i fell in love with his music all over again. But overall is Jimmie Vaughan really that bad do you all hate him that much? sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Can you imagine?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Nov 11 2008, 11:37 PM
Listen to whatever you enjoy, if people say it's crap, then it's their loss. Don't let other people decide what you should like.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Nov 11 2008, 11:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
If you love his music than that's your opinion, if others hate them that's their opinion. smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 12 2008, 12:51 AM
Instructor
There are many great musicians in the world mate, Jimmy Vaughan is definitely among the greats, and so will be SRV. If you like some music, just try to listen to it slowly and enjoy it. It is normal to swing back and forth until you find something that you like, take it easy and just explore the music, one day you will settle a bit on something.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Nov 12 2008, 10:29 AM
Instructor
Your influences and music you like are completely up to you and no one else.
If you like it go with it!!
I don't think Jimmy is bad....SRV is just better in my opinion:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Nov 12 2008, 10:35 AM
Jimmy is a great player although people are usually more in love with SRV. If you like the playing of somebody and it inspires you then there is no reason you should feel that the music will disable your playing. The more players you listen to the more input you'll get which feeds your inspiration.

Btw I never listen to what people say is awesome but I personally don't like.

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 12 2008, 10:58 AM
Listen to what you like not what others like. I love Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream and my mates hate it but I still blast it from the stereo as I love it. Listen to what makes you happy. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 12 2008, 11:33 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Don't listen to what other people have to say about music...Its a very subjective matter so its only up to you to decide what you want to listen..Also its cool to swing back and forth, you need to explore music and listen to as much as you can...not just one artist..Just go with your heart man...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 12 2008, 12:14 PM
Instructor
Jimmy is surely not that bad,
problem is that people have been expecting aLOT more
from SRV's brother imo. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Nov 12 2008, 02:57 PM
Dude, dude, DUDE you look into things WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much. Just do what ever you want, listen to whatever you want, and play what ever you want. It's a lot easier than worrying about what others think!

Think for yourself and of course question authority! wink.gif

+Quote Post
J.E.
Nov 12 2008, 04:16 PM
Thank you all for those kind words smile.gif you have absolutely right i should listen to whatever suits me and dont care so much of what others think. My step dad told me that when hes making joke of some artists i like it doesent mean that i should listen to him, its just his opinion and i have mine smile.gif Cheers... cool.gif

--------------------
Can you imagine?

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 13 2008, 02:18 PM
Learning Roadie
If Jimmy was such a bad player, you wouldn't be able to find his stuff online to listen to him with. He obviously has fans. So listen to him if you like, and like everyone else said, don't let anyone elses opinions change your mind, do it on your own, because if you don't you're just a sheep tongue.gif I have been meaning to check him out because when it comes to the Vaughans, SRV is enough and then some for me, but I want to check Jimmy out as well smile.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Nov 13 2008, 02:19 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:51 PM