Vox Tonelab Ex (wow, Bought One Today), Sounded Better than EVERY pedal board they had. Who knew?
Todd Simpson
May 14 2012, 10:18 PM
GMC:er
I was shocked amazed today when I went to guitar center to pick up a new pedal board multi fix unit. My GNX3 is about to die to it's time. I tried the POD HD flooar units, the new DIGITECH multi floor units, and everything else they had. Sadly, NONE of them had the amount or quantity of gain I was really looking for and I was taken aback when the guy suggested a VOX piece as I"ve never liked anything with the VOX name on it in the past as none of it seemed built for lead/metal/chug etc. I am happy to say I was DEAD WRONG. I ended up with a TONE LAB EX which is the bigger brother to the ST but still a small board. Solid build I must say and has a real tube in it that provides warmth and signal compression much like a but tube amp turned up. I put it side by side with the other processors and I could not believe it. Even with a light touch, with the compression on and using the high gain amp with overdrive pedal, playing without a pick or thumb using only fingertips was smooth as silk.

Just blew me away and I bought the unit then and there. It also has a USB Audio Interface built in and a software editor for building patches. As a bonus there is now a new software emulator (like amplitude and such) on the market from Vox and I"m gonna try it as well as the Demo is free. Here is a link.

http://www.jamvox-online.com/

and here is a vid about the TONE LAB (Using the ST here which is the smaller version but the engine / tube is the same)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 14 2012, 10:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zoom
May 15 2012, 01:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool Todd sounds good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
May 16 2012, 03:47 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Seems like a great new toy Todd smile.gif

I love Vox stuff myself.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 17 2012, 08:51 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Fran @ May 16 2012, 10:47 AM) *
Seems like a great new toy Todd smile.gif

I love Vox stuff myself.

I"m a big fan as of now smile.gif Also the new JAMVOX app that lets you do all your patch creation and sharing via software interface is just plain handy! On my ancient GNX3 it was editing pretty much in the small on board display which is a bit of a pain to be honest.

QUOTE (zoom @ May 15 2012, 08:37 AM) *
Cool Todd sounds good.

So far it's loads of fun smile.gif Gonna download some patches from folks online.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2012, 12:48 AM
Instructor
Cool! There is a guy now playing some second guitars in some songs by Cirse and he uses this one as a MultiFx. It's really good but I haven't compare it with others.... Good thread mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:45 AM