> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Hajduk's Musical Forest
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2014, 11:52 AM
Instructor
Hello Tom!

Glad to see you are working hard mate!

The legato lesson is still having missing notes here and there, so please try to focus on playing every note with the same intensity and in good timing at a slower tempo.

The bending ballad, has some issues due to the fact that you are not fully using your wrist smile.gif Try to become conscious of the pivot created by the thumb and push the wrist while hanging the hand on the neck with the aid of the thumb - that's why it's staying there, so please, by all means, do take advantage wink.gif Also, intention is a bit weak behind the bends - play it like you mean it man! biggrin.gif

If you focus on these aspects, you will have a much lighter time with these lessons wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Aug 6 2014, 05:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin, so here goes, the take is not great and want to re post and once again sorry for the long break and am getting back on track

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2014, 05:55 PM
Instructor
Hey there mate!

Well, well, great to see you've got this one up on the hill smile.gif I practiced it myself and I know it's not as easy as one might think wink.gif

As I see it, you need to focus on 2 very important aspects:

- nailing the first notes in each phrase when you are shifting - usually each first note is choked, due to the fact that you are not fretting it clearly when shifting
- unwanted noises - around 0:39, there's an unwanted noise for instance which is the result of loose strings

These should be your focal points for this lesson, so I would suggest you to record on the 50% speed backing track, focusing on keeping the above mentioned aspects under control wink.gif

Do we have a deal, Sir? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Aug 7 2014, 06:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Cosmin smile.gif Will get right on it!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2014, 06:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Aug 7 2014, 05:29 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin smile.gif Will get right on it!

Perfect! Looking forward to the slower version wink.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Aug 12 2014, 06:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin here are 2 videos I'm putting up, I did the legato piece at 55 BPM and then the classic ballad bend piece smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 13 2014, 08:34 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Thank you for the recordings!

Now, to take things step by step - in the legato one, you have slight timing and dynamic problems - see 0:46 for instance, where the notes aren't even and they tend to fade out a bit.

At this tempo, please focus on playing all the notes as even 16th notes and also, make sure that you play them all at the same intensity.

About the ballad - the main issue as I see it, are the bends and vibrato - please notice that you need to use the wrist and the thumb anchoring as we have been discussing, in order for the hand to have strength and execute the articulation techniques properly.

Also, because of the lack of strength, you don't quite reach the pitches with as much intention as you should.

I think it would be a good idea to record a take over the original recording, in order to notice the pitch differences, so that we may be able to easily fix these issues - what do you think?

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Aug 13 2014, 08:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Cosmin smile.gif Done! Will have it for you next week.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 14 2014, 11:31 AM
Instructor
Most excellent wink.gif

Looking forward to see and hear the improvements and if there are any questions along the way, please do go ahead and ask, ok?

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Oct 15 2014, 10:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, I played both the classic ballad bending technique and Bens land of legato with the actual track to compare my sound.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2014, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Hey mate,

Thank you for the recordings! There's progress here, for which I must congratulate you and in order to make things sound even better, here are my observations:

Legato lesson - you are in good timing in general, but whenever you switch positions you land a little delayed on the first note in each shape. It's a timing thing that requires more slow practice and anticipation of the shifting. Time and focused practice are the ones who will solve this, so just give it time and it'll be there. Don't forget to work on it at a slower pace so that you can become really conscious about the position shifts.

The bending lesson - technically, it is ok as an ensemble, but it sounds rigid at this point and you need to work on expression - make the playing sound natural and smooth as the original is. The next steps here would be:

0:15 - fix the first bend, as it is under pitch
0:33 - that phrase could be executed in better timing
- work on making the take sound as natural as possible - have a relaxed feel and try to get as close as possible to the interpretation in the original - check out the different volumes at which certain notes are being played, for instance. This is what we call dynamics! smile.gif

Please let me know what your thoughts are, deal?

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Oct 16 2014, 09:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Cosmin will get to work on it right away smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 17 2014, 08:01 AM
Instructor
Perfect! Please keep me updated on the matter, deal? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 13 2015, 03:34 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here are the vids Cosmin smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 13 2015, 09:29 AM
Instructor
Hey Tom!

I watched the vids and here are my thoughts:

The ballad - your bending seems technically correct, but you are not always reaching the notes towards which you are bending spot on and the overall feeling of the piece is a bit rigid.

What I would suggest at this stage, because you know the piece already as an ensemble, would be to play it against the original recording and try to match the exact nuances in the instructor's playing. The close you get to those, the better it will become!

The legato lesson - the phrases on their own sound rhtyhmic and consistent, but there's a slight delay appearing when you shift the positions, which can be felt especially when you pick that first note. Please focus on your hand synch - pick exactly on the beat and also be careful to hit that first note with your left hand on the beat. Slowing this one down in order to nail this aspect, would be what I suggest here.

Let's go back at the drawing board and take care of these details, deal?

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 15 2015, 09:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds great Cosmin, I don't know why these 2 particular pieces are giving me so much trouble, but will continue to work on it smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 16 2015, 09:15 AM
Instructor
Please do continue and please make sure to implement the details and suggestions I spoke about - at a slow tempo at first, so that you can be in control and then speeding it up in order to reach the original speed.

It may not be a bad idea to try and record against the original lessons in order to be able to compare takes once you feel sure about the implementation of the details we spoke about wink.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:11 PM